This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By electroshock - 21/02/2017 14:13 - United Kingdom - Manchester

Today, I'm so incapable of controlling myself I bought a bracelet that electrocutes me when I snack, I just accidentally zapped myself 3 times in a row... it hurts... a lot. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 223
You deserved it 94

Top comments

No comments yet.

Comments

I can understand why you would resort to avoidance training, but you really should go to a doctor about why you are so hungry all the time- you could have thyroid or hormone problems, an ulcer, or the part of your brain that is supposed to regulate hunger might be having issues. You really should stop this for now, and rule out health problems before continuing. It would also be a really good idea to make sure you don't have medical issues that could react badly to exposure to electricity- heart problems, or nerve problems. Even after all of that, you should talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist, for other ways to work on impulse control, and to talk about alternatives because repeated exposure to electric shocks isn't very healthy and can lead to brain, heart, and nerve damage. You should also talk to a psych specialist and your GP to make sure that you aren't misperceiving your eating habits as being worse than they are- many people with eating and food based disorders have warped perceptions of their diet. If you REALLY insist on doing avoidance therapy, snapping a rubber band hard enough to hurt when you eat when you aren't supposed to be, setting up a system where you have to do x number of exercises for "bad" eating, or having to put money in a jar for bad eating all are better, safer methods. In that same vein, you should set up a reward system for when you make good choices; example being to make good food choices worth points, bad choices cost points (skipping full meals would fall under bad, for the record) and make certain rewards and luxuries cost those points. Using purely the stick or purely the carrot will get you some progress, but you'll make more by using both properly.