By ripfluffy - 28/09/2009 07:15 - United States

Today, I learned to check inside the oven before you preheat it. Sometimes children hide their pet rabbit in there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 625
You deserved it 10 026

Same thing different taste

Comments

PhunkyMagic 0

seriously though, rabbit is pretty good, some rabbit stew ;) and others posters, its not animal cruelty if it was unintentional...

My mom puts the chip pan in the oven when she's finished frying them, and we always have to take it out before making cakes ect. Also there's pans and stuff Although if you're lucky to have enough storage room in your kitchen so that the oven doesn't have to double as a cupboard, then you're right, there really isn't a point in checking.

Please tell me you're talking about a stuffed cuddly toy animal?

Don't try and blame it on an FML. You stuffed yourself, fatty! Admit it!

Ladypartslegit 0

ppl are so touchy it's a rabbit they get slaughtered and eaten every day and no amount of sobbing is going to change that. she didn't purpously kill the rabbit get over it

clockworkrainbow 3

Why didn't you check the oven in the first place? And how long did it take you to realize the bunny was in there? Did you ignore the banging and crashing sounds that poor creature made when the oven got a bit too hot for it to deal with? You suck, you're a bad person.

Why would you check the oven? I don't I have the shelves set the way I want and there shouldn't be anything in there so why would I check? It's not like having a kid makes you hyper aware of stupid stuff like that. Most kids don't put the family pet in the oven.

clockworkrainbow 3

God forbid you should check the oven before you preheat it! Why waste a precious 5 seconds of your life to make sure you didn't forget about a pan you might have left in there!? Why not be on the safe side and check the oven? You might not be hyper aware after having children but, it wont kill to be a bit more cautious. Kids put food, toys etc etc where they shouldn't be. Think before you type about your stupid, self-righteous habits. Sorry we're not perfect like you. >.>

Wow. You're a dick. 1) Why would I check the oven if I have no reason to? My shelves were already set, I don't store stuff in there... Its not matter of not wanting to waste five seconds, just that I wouldn't have the habit of looking in there beforehand every time. 2) Kids are unpredictable. Its hard to teach them to plan for every eventuality or situation. There's no page in the Handy-Dandy Parent's Handbook entitled "Make Sure to Tell Your Kids Not to Stick Family Pets in Ovens or Other Dangerous Places." It is a general assumption that common sense would dictate that is a bad idea. I applaud your parenting if you are so anal-retentive that you have to teach your kids every possible situation or action that is a poor choice. 3) I usually don't sit in the kitchen and twiddle my thumbs while my oven is preheating. I go somewhere else, and you don't know how large the house is and the distance to the kitchen from anywhere else. 4) Just because other people do things in a different way than you doesn't mean they're wrong. And judging people or insulting them about it just makes you a self-absorbed prick. Consider that in the future.

Hmmm. . . when did I say I was perfect? I just said that I don't check my oven because there is no need. If your shelves are set the way you like and if you take the pan out of the oven you don't have to worry. Don't you usually take the pan out of the oven when the food is done cooking? Or do you just grab the food off the pan and throw it on a plate? Think before you type idiot. I never said I was perfect I just said there is no reason to check the oven. They have child proof locks for the hideing toys problem.

I agree 100% with Clockworkrainbow. Check the ******* oven, is that too difficult? My goodness. You have small children, who are likely to put stuff where it doesn't belong. God forbid the OP be responsible and look inside quickly first. Hope you didn't break your little fingers opening the oven door, OP.

It's not difficult no. But most of the time you don't think there should be anything in there. Why would you check something if you don't think there is anything in there? That would be like saying you should just know every possible stupid thing your kid could do. I don't know about you but I would think I a child is smart enough to know not to put a rabbit in the oven. Shouldn't your child know that the oven is a dangerous place? Also why is the kid left unattented with a rabbit? If the kid was dumb/young enough to not know putting a rabbit in the oven is dangerous then the kid probably shouldn't be left alone with the rabbit.

Okay, just another reason why the OP is an idiot.