This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By ricky - 08/10/2016 06:21 - United States - Miami

Today, I learned more aBout my girlfriend in 12 hours than I have in 2 years by catfishing her on a dating site.FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 003
You deserved it 440

Top comments

qteabutt 12

You should make her leave by convincing her to live with your catfish persona by saying you live in another state. That way she'll pack up all her stuff and head off to nowhere, make her the fool she really is.

nonsensical 26

Why did you decide to catfish her? Genuinely curious.

Comments

nonsensical 26

Why did you decide to catfish her? Genuinely curious.

nonsensical 26

He never said anything about a dating site. There are so many online platforms where you can chat with people. This site included!

"...by catfishing her on a dating site."

nonsensical 26

Oooooh snap I'm dumb lol. Ignore me!! Carry on!

Well either she's cheating or they have an open relationship

qteabutt 12

You should make her leave by convincing her to live with your catfish persona by saying you live in another state. That way she'll pack up all her stuff and head off to nowhere, make her the fool she really is.

Out of curiousity, why catfish her?

Out of curiosity, why is she on a dating site?

Obviously FYL for having a cheating partner, that's never excusable. But I have to wonder, why didn't you try to learn anything about your GF's interests/passions in the last 2 years? I'm not blaming you for her cheating, that's on her. I'm just saying that it helps to see bad situations as learning experiences. This relationship is probably over, but when the next one comes along you can put more energy into learning who they are as a person.

kernousse_fml 13

maybe you should have asked tge same questions whrn you started dating... or putting in more efforts to get to know her, she might not have ended on a dating site then... ydi for waiting this long to try and get to really know her!

She could have had an old account on a dating site and kept it as a gag sort of thing. She's not necessarily at fault, but nor am I saying she's not guilty