By Blurry - 30/09/2009 19:30 - Philippines

Today, I joined a small disaster relief group. I remarked to the big, long-haired person beside me that it was surprising that I was the only female in the group. I got a cold stare. Later I asked another volunteer about that person. He answered, "Oh, her? She's my sister." FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 243
You deserved it 39 008

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I sometimes can't tell the difference between the genders if it's like a really manly girl (hair, really big, deep voice, short hair) or a girly boy (high voice, thin, long hair, feminine face), so you don't deserve it. Seriously though, why'd she just stare at you? Couldn't she have said something? Like, "Actually, I'm a girl."? It would've clarified the situation immediately, and you two might even have a laugh over it.

I disagree. When you're unsure of someone's gender, you should avoid making comments like "I'm the only girl". A better comment would have been, "I'm surprised there aren't more girls here!"

Comments

Wow. A winning combination of being socially inept and unobservant. Way to go OP.

#20 ... that would suck if they said my name is alex or like Riley hahah cuz this are boy and girl names

Riley's a girl's name? Huh. Parents these days.

Riley is pretty gender neutral. Benji on the other hand...

lil_cig 0

That sucks. You kinda deserved it. But don't worry, you're doing a good deed by helping out with disaster relief efforts. God knows our country needs all the help it can get with the upcoming super typhoon and all :(

Apologize and fake a brain tumor. Otherwise, never go back again!

That's so embarrassing! I've done that when I substitute taught an eighth grade class... SWORE this kid was a boy and I said something about he was doing a good job... the class goes "did you just call her 'he'?"... I probably could have covered it up, but I froze and panicked and was caught.

my little sister recently shaved for head because she raised money for cancer...almost everywhere we went people would call her a little boy..it never bothered her that much..she would politley correct them..that chick over reacted :/

mmonster 0

Your fault for being a judgmental bitch.

That's not judgemental... She simply didn't notice that the person beside her was a girl. An honest mistake.

Was she a caveman or something? Sometimes it's hard to tell but it's not THAT difficult. Most women have boobs.

bleedingglitter 24

I seem to end up in those types of situations at stores a lot. It's worse when they have unisex names like Jordan or Taylor.