By cheekychimp23 - 24/07/2013 12:03 - United Kingdom

Today, I had to help my constipated dog by squeezing crap out of her butt. This is a daily occurrence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 171
You deserved it 6 101

cheekychimp23 tells us more.

Just so people know I'm not a terrible dog owner - we have been to the vet numerous times and they told me it happens because her tail was docked too short when she was a puppy! I feed her oil but sadly it does not help. Sigh. Keep squeezing I guess. FML.

Top comments

You may need to change the dog food you are feeding her. Just a suggestion. It isn't right she should have that problem.

Dogs and cats tails are part of their spinal cord. When it is docked too short, the spinal cord became a bit mutated and can put pressure on the rectum, making it hard to poop. My cat is a manx so she naturally has to tail. Because on that her rectum is deformed and I have to help her poop sometimes. Two vets have told me that.

Comments

friedbunnies 9

Ydi for not taking her to the vet or at least feeding your dog some fiber.

Alexandera 6

Try taking the poor baby to the Vet. They might have a solution tht will make both of you more comfortable!

miralax works great for my son and its tasteless

Sometimes it's ok to give dogs people medicine. Like I give my dogs Benadryl sometimes or baby aspirin. Maybe you could give her a small portion of something for constipation. Or maybe there are natural remedies. Good luck.

Jesus, read the OP's comment! She took her dog to the vet, twice, and it's because of the tail being docked. C'mon now. She's not negligent.

Plus, why would people assume that a person would resort to squeezing the poop out of their dog's butt BEFORE going to a vet? People on this site are so quick to jump to conclusions (especially when it comes to pets)...

Elfkid21 19

ssssoooooo give your dog some laxatives.. DUH. They do make them for dogs that are actually pretty inexpensive.

My cats have had similar problems. Are you feeding your dog dry dog food? That food has a big concentration of ash as an ingredient that most people don't know about. Try switching to wet food, which has no ash. This worked for my cats. Your vet can tell you what wet brand is best for your situation. I've been through awful pet digestive problems too, and since pets are our family, they deserve the best!

That's cute in a way lol good dog owner!