By Bullet - 13/08/2010 16:28 - United States

Today, I had to go along with my mom to meet some of her old friends from high school. When they asked her about how her life was going, she said she was married, always traveling, no kids, and introduced me as the neighbor's kid she babysits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 270
You deserved it 3 371

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would she bring a kid she babysits with her when she goes to meet her friends? She's terrible at lying. FYL.

Comments

FFML_314 11

I know about the human mind and I can certainly grasp the fact that even middle aged people can be vindictive, but if the mother was so tortured in high school by people and was so insecure that she felt she needed to lower herself, then she wouldn't have gone. Like I said, she didn't do it because of some snotty women she used to know in high school. She did it because she's self-indulgent and conceited. I don't have to be around middle aged women to know this. The human mind is complex, but motherly insict should over power any type of "insecurity" and since it didn't, it makes her a horse shit mother.

Ok so if you aren't her kid then you don't have to listen to what she says anymore correct? But really you should have called her out on it and made it obvious to her "friends" that she was lying.

FFML_314 11

I wasn't aware that I said she wouldn't have gone to high school. I said if she was so "tortured" in high school than she wouldn't have gone to the reunion. I think I'm going to agree to disagree, given that it's apparent the mother has some deep, unresolved issues with herself.

xXxDestinyXxX 0

You should have embarrassed her. I would have called her out on that if my mom did that to me. Hell, I would have been like "What are you talking about MOM? Now lets go, we need to pick my baby up from the sitters!". Not only would she be your mom, but she would be a young grandma as well, lol.

Pressured or not, she shouldn't have said it. end of story.

quinz 4

She should have acknowledged that you were her kid.... It would have given her a) an excuse for being slightly overweight, or b) amazement from all of her friends that she was still skinny.

FFML_314 11

Yeah, I worded it weird, but I didn't mean high school.

yeahiknow0 0