By metalflower01 - 11/01/2012 16:31 - United States

Today, I had to cancel my wedding. On top of being upset about the break up, I was informed I owed a $900 cancellation fee for not using the venue. Single and broke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 176
You deserved it 4 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be. ..$900 seems like a fair price instead of putting up with an unhappy marriage/divorce, which seems like where this marriage would have gone.

Comments

I'm sorry this happened to you OP. And being the optimist that I am, at least this happened before the wedding and not after it. It would have cost a lot more if it had happened after. I hope you find someone who truly loves you one day, and I hope your ex fiancé has the decency to at least help you pay off that fee.

structuredchaoz 4

Look at it this way. It's much cheaper than a divorce. Hope things pan out for you.

bangel64 2

A pack of cigarettes would have been more worth the money than that…

Funny you say that... I quit smoking for him.

I did it because I loved him... Now I think it's time for a carton of smokes, and ounce of dank, and bottle of whiskey.

Well, now think about it, quitting smoking, even if it was "because you loved him" is a really good life change. Despite the fact that he broke your heart, I think you should continue to stay off the smokes and take at least one good thing out of this relationship!

That sucks, OP. :( Why not invite some friends over to partake in "taking care" of the wedding cake (translation: consuming mass amounts of it), have a few drinks and watch a few cheesy comedies? It won't "fix" everything, but it'll ease your pain for now.

bcan 3

On the bright side, you saved a lot of time and money on a divorce

On the bright side… you'll save tons of money on gecko by switching today. That what this comment reminded me of.

Well according to you OP this 900 dollars broke you, enough said there. I have experienced heart ache like that, so when I got married my wedding cost 300 and that was just for the priest to marry us and our license. We had a beautiful backyard barbeque, and it was the best day of my life. Doesnt need to be fancy to be beautiful. Id rather use my money on my kids. Its not your fault, women are assaulted with these visions of a perfect wedding, but nobody teaches you to have a good marriage. There are more important things in life then some dress your going to wear once that cost more then your entire wardrobe, like true happiness. I hope you find it OP. Didnt mean to be harsh, just move on to the next.

Living in a condo I didn't have the choice of a backyard wedding. I found the cheapest place I could. I wouldn't have cared if it took place at the courthouse, but my ex wanted more than that. I was just trying to make him happy, and my wedding dress was made by my mother for about $75 of supplies. I know that nothing is ever going to be perfect so I never intended to try to make some fairy tale day. Just something he would be proud of. Buuuuuut... That blew up in my face.

Considering that she went BROKE (which can mean no extra spending money or just no money) and didn't go into DEBT I'd say she did actually keep it very reserved. $1500 for a wedding (4/5's of which went just straight to the venue) is actually very cheap.

I only love this post because I just broke up and am sad ATM. Sorry

ExToRtiOn 0

Oooooo... I'm sorry, I was kinda stretching the broke part. I make almost twice that in one week. I think you deserve an FML now. D: