By bobbeta30 - 11/01/2012 16:33 - United States

Today, I spent five dollars on a virtual cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 403
You deserved it 44 459

bobbeta30 tells us more.

i'm the OP, I just stumbled upon this FML after over 4 years.. I'm pleased to announce that I've moved on from spending $5 on virtual cats to over $300 on virtual anime girl cards. and I have 2 real cats now. don't let your dreams be dreams, guys

Top comments

Why not just give a real one a home and adopt?

I'm guessing that's not the type of pussy you thought you were paying for?

Comments

Not bad. People spend hundreds on a virtual farm, which does exactly the same: nothing.

Idonebeenhad 17

At least it can't claw your face off when you roll over in your sleep

I spent over $2000 on yugioh but Im starting to make it back. Im smart.

thenomad 7

At least you have something to show for the $10 spent. Mind you, it's only an electronic keychain. With a virtual pet, one can spend a lot of money and have absolutely nothing to show for any of it once they grow tired of it.

Viciousstorms 7

Technology is getting to the point where crazy cat ladies will have virtual cats.

littlegold 7

Kinectimals!?!?!?! :) i like tigers.

pet shop apps maybe? I can't stand those apps I tried it and all it ask for is for you to pay about $24 for at least $10 worth of money in the game

71 spending over $2000 on card makes you not smart, but actually ******* retarded.

nerds run the world, REPSECT THE NERDS! or i'll hack your computer after making some hot pockets

2- your comment was pointless and just plain ignorant.

GoW_Chick 14

What's wrong with being a delicious, colorful candy?

WitchyArmyWife00 0

2-I would just like to point out that your comment makes no sense without a comma after "you".

KRS_13 0

I had some trouble clicking on this FML!

Why not just give a real one a home and adopt?

I'm sure if it was that simple, she would've.

It is that simple.. Cats take almost no maintenance, easy pets.

You think cats are easy to handle? Try adopting a pineapple.

Are pineapples THAT difficult? I've heard bad stories..

They could be living with other people who are allergic, or there could be a no-pet policy. It's not about the general care of the animal, but more so the living area.

It's not that simple. You still have to pay for vet bills, pay for food, deal with litterbox, any responsible owner should drop money on having the pet chipped even if it's an indoor only pet, etc. Heaven forbid the little animal gets sick or injured.. etc. Most pets are very expensive.

Ahh, I understand what you're getting at. Understandable.

I'm speaking in comparison to other animals.. You don't HAVE to let a cat outside to do their business, don't have to litter train them in most cases they learn extremely fast.. I wasn't speaking expen$e wise.

Hold on!! let's go back to the pineapple story. Pineapples are also hard to take care of, but if you're lucky you can get the sponge that comes with it.

cats arent bad at all, mine is a bermese and it is very good. Almost every animal needs shots,getting it's balls and ****** cut off, and food. But to me they are easier to maintain

As someone who owns 4 cats I can say that they are very low maintenance, especially compared to dogs.

HahaYDI 0

I'm allergic to cats yet I have two of them as the allergies don't really bother me too much. they aren't a lot of maintenance, however feeding them can be expensive in the long run. Not everyone can afford that kind of responsibility.

I've adopted my own group of circles before on the app store… interactive buddy you SUCK…

ShroomsOnAcid 16

84 - They don't cut off their ******. That doesn't even make any sense. Also, if I could have somehow avoided neutering my cats I would have. They're just not the same anymore. It's pretty cruel to do, but I suppose if it wasn't me, it would have been somebody else. Overpopulation of cats is a problem, but there's got to be a better way to solve it than to mess with their natural behavior.

GhostDuck 30

... I'm pretty sure you don't "cut off" a ******... o.O EDIT: Aww darn, Shrooms beat me to it.

Thank you. So much for that. Someone speaks sense today.

He got there before both of us. But seriously.... 'cut off the ******'? How does that even make SENSE?

ThatLooksSticky 16

I hate it when people respond with "haha!" or "I lol'd," but...#84, I seriously LMVO at your comment! * laughed my ****** off

I love how you say she. You don't know

A cat's sex drive alters the cats personality, and neutering or spaying get rid of that, it's not that it changed them, it's that they are acting like themselves without a biological clock dictating how they feel. Female cats in heat often feel pain, and male cats are more aggressive. Also spaying and neutering has many health benefits for a cat and extends their life span. So to get to my point, there is absolutely no reason to not fix your cat unless you are a breeder.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

139, It might extend their life span, but at what cost? My cats and most others who have had the procedure are noticeably lifeless and lethargic. Going by the reasoning of neutering simply meaning not acting according to a biological clock, then why don't we free ourselves of that restraint as well? It might be beneficial to us to limit the animals' aggression, but that is their natural behavior. It's like trying to justify a procedure that tames any other naturally agressive animal, like lions, or bears.

3/93 dogs are more useful if you don't by a toy they kill vermin and alert you to danger and most will protect you to their death

I've owned a neutered cat and a cat that never had the procedure done (roommates thought it was cruel). Difference in personalities? Not much. I had my cat neutered at 6 months and my roommates cat was 8 months. They both still played like usual, they were hyper and always getting into things. Now they're both lazy, but that's because they're almost 3 and have pretty much chilled out. Though my roommates cat still sprays and bites off whiskers for dominance...

Sonfang 19

143- cats each have their own personalities. I have three and they l have been "fixed", and they all act differently. One is psycho (she is a calico), one is still a b*tch and dominate (she's Siamese), and the oldest is chill and laid back. Besides it can help break habits that attract mates, for example my youngest (the calico) used to pee everywhere, she would rarely use the litter box until she got "fixed." Being "fixed" they go outside (in our back yard) and they are not constantly searching for mates, or yowling at other cats, they play and chase one another.

kaykay20 0

I adopted one and he's not easy to handle. Yeah he poops in his litter box but he gets a attitude like no other and have the marks to prove it. He's cute and nice when he wants to but by far the hardest to handle cat I've had. If your not patient or firm a young adult cat is definitely not one you should get.

I've spent 30 on a virtual dog ... Nintendo dogs.

balls and ****** cut off... that's enough FML for tonight.

At least you don't have to clean up after it? But really.. $5? ..come on.

theten_fml 9

I know right?! Now I want one =D

littlegold 7

Lol... Some you do have to clean up after... ( yes i have an electronical pet that does this )

A solution for people with cat allergies.

For five bucks they could've got some Sea Monkeys. Best. Pet. Ever.

RedPillSucks 31

Meh. Remember cabbage patch dolls? Pet rocks? Chia? Colossal waste of money. Just send your money to me and skip the middle man.

m_nicole_13 3

you spend money on pet rocks? I thought you found them outside....

kxxjoejoexxk 8

Yes you did spend money on pet rocks it was a big thing back then

I'm guessing that's not the type of pussy you thought you were paying for?

ekattie 12

I didn't know there were virtual cats hahaa

GoW_Chick 14

There is virtual everything now.

GoW_Chick 14

Just add an A and it woulda been perfect: "There is a virtual everything, now"

rawrautumnz 7
skyeyez9 24

At least you won't Find out your roommate used your good spatula to clean out your virtual kitty's shitbox.

Next time don't buy the 'Cute pussy for only $5!' You may get more then what you bargained for.