By phlyingphuck - 19/07/2009 15:12 - United States

Today, I had a serious allergic reaction to the food I ate at a Chinese restaurant that supposedly didn't contain peanuts. According to my waitress, peanut oil "doesn't count". FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 590
You deserved it 4 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ligerie 0

What a Bitch! Unless she truly didn't know. Now she is sitting at home wondering what baby oil is made of.

that sucks you shouldve complained for free food :p

Comments

according to food allergy.org "Studies show that most allergic individuals can safely eat peanut oil (not cold pressed, expelled, or extruded peanut oil - sometimes represented as gourmet oils). If you are allergic to peanuts, ask your doctor whether or not you should avoid peanut oil." so she isn't necessarily wrong. the allergen is form in the protein source of the peanut so some oils are ok. you need to learn to ask better questions.

greenltrn2003 0

well I hardly think the OP should be at fault. Clearly she DID have a reaction to the peanut oil.

i'm aware but the waitress isn't at fault either. it sucks but now she knows to be more specific.

i think its kinda ridiculous tht ppl would actually do research on this shit lik jennysaurus, this is just a website for ppl to put up stories real or fake for fun and ppl who take it too serious are just retarded

actually i already knew this information and just provided a source for why i knew it instead of making stupid comments like many other people in fml threads. google is surprisingly fast and useful.

actually, most people that are allergic to peanuts have the same allergic reaction to the oil as they would the actuall nut im allergic to peanuts and i made the mistake that i wouldnt have a reaction to the oil and ate it anyway but then I almost died

You're totally right, #11. I was gawking when I read the original pot. The oil, as it would be used for frying in mass quantities in a restaurant doesn't set off peanut allergy. Maybe he's got a shrimp allergy on top of it.

Diphenyl 0

Yeah I remembered this fact, too. But I guess people will still be intent on trying to completely blame the waitress.

sterlins 0

I'm allergic to peanuts and I can have peanut oil no problem so it wasn't really the waitresses fault you the OP should have known that he was allergic to peanut oil and asked specifically for that.

giantsfan15 0

you are an idiot you can eat peanuts if your allergic to peanuts. peanuts are considered legumes which is the bean family so you can eat them. learn your facts before you start complaining

Learn how to spell, you dipshit. No, you CANNOT eat peanuts if you are allergic to peanuts. That's like telling someone who is allergic to shellfish that it's OK to eat shellfish. Just go ******* kill yourself, you'll rid the planet of a waste of space and resources. I'm not kidding - go get a knife and open your arms, or find a gun and blow your ******* brains out. Hang yourself, drive your car into a bridge support, ANYTHING. Just get the hell out of here.

I hope you're not serious. "you are an idiot you can eat peanuts if your allergic to peanuts" And you're calling them an idiot. Please, learn -your- facts before you make yourself look like a complete douchebag again.

Eh, above poster beat me to it. But also, what the ****, you're saying that like they aren't allowed to have had a reaction to the oil. They did, so whether or not they were aware of the specific reaction (and they were) isn't even relevant. You can't tell them they're an idiot for having an allergic reaction. So yeah, shut the **** up. Thank you.

kionnalexus 0

You can't eat peanuts if you're allergic to peanuts, what part of ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS do you not ******* get? Think before you speak, or type, the only idiot I see is you. And this really sucks but its your fault too, if you know your allergic to something you should really take the time to find out if its in your food or not. Especially if you have a stupid waitress.

greenltrn2003 0

midwestjerk relax...shit but #15 what I think you ment to say was "You can eat peanuts if your allergic to nuts"...besause they're legumes or whatever. But just because they're legumes, hardly means anything. A legume is a just a dry fruit that develops from a simple carpel and usually opens along a seam on two sides. so some people that are allergic to nuts can eat peanuts because not all things in one catagory have the same protiens and such but you just made yourself look like a ****** idiot.

SchitzoFRIENDic 0

I will jump on this too. 1- what does this even mean?! Normal people use coherent sentences. Should have learned that in the 1st grade, dipshit. 2- what the hell does a peanut being a legume have to do with being allergic to peanuts? Oh wait... That answer is: NOTHING. 3- if you are allergic to peanuts, then you CAN'T ******* EAT PEANUTS! If you were allergic to soy, would you drink soy milk? Well... If it's YOU you probably would, but not everyone on earth is a total moron, so...

fxdxhk90 0

Yea, your pretty damn stupid. Are you by any chance related to the waitress from this post?

stlcards220 4

So ur basically saying that its ok for someone like me, who is allergic to penicillin, to take penicillin and choke to death?? u should go choke to death

greenltrn2003 - Oh, I'm calm. I'm only honestly saying that this fellow should commit suicide.

letitbe56 0

Surprise! All you have to do is know that peanuts are like beans and your allergy is cured! Hurray!

If a person is allergic to peanuts, it is perfectly fine for them to eat food prepared in peanut OIL. the part of the peanut that causes a reaction is seperate from the part the oil is contained. Now, if a person is allergic to the oil, it's a different story, but this merely states the OP is allergic to peanuts. Learn the facts. But if this is true, seriously, FYL. that sucks

guyss come on. So he's an idiot, death's a bit harsh. Just neuter him so he doesn't pass it on.

greenltrn2003 0

@midwestjerk ok...as long as there's no hostility...no need for that. so suicide huh? bit much.. A couple cut to the wrist as punishment should be enough

hellobananas 0

Actually, I think something more like a Darwin Award is better. Death or inability to breed by being incredibly stupid, such as saying since peanuts are legumes you aren't allergic to them. I guess I should just tell the kid at the daycare I volunteer at he can have a PB&J because you aren't allowed to be allergic to them. Or, maybe better for giantsfan15, do something like eat a poisonous berry or muhsroom because it is a fruit or fungus and they can't kill you. Or, heck, lick a poison dart frog because they're amphibians and amphibians can't hurt you. Maybe jump off a bridge because water is a liquid, it can't break every bone in your body? I can go on and on, but that would get redundant.

15=idiot, dumb ass, retard, or anything that generally means stupid.

you can not eat peanuts take it from another severe all nut allergy sufferer.

jennifersarah 0

What the hell are you talking about? If you're allergic to peanuts, you can't have peanuts. Plain and simple. Don't tell a peanut allergy sufferer about their own allergy. Peanuts are a truly serious allergy and inconsiderate, insensitive people like you are the reason stuff like this keeps happening.

What?! Oh yeah cause peanut oil has nooo peanuts in them

Zoomin24 0
greenltrn2003 0

hahahahaha DrAwesome FTW!!!!!

Okay wow... "Peanut oil doesn't count." Yes it does. It contains peanuts idiot. Although someone said something about some people who have allergies to peanuts can consume peanut oil; their doctor just has to give them the okay first. Obviously the OP didn't know, and the waitress was a complete dumb ass for assuming that anything with peanuts in it was okay. -_-

123sploosh 0

YDI for being allergic to things.

cherlana32 0

I'm pretty sure that was a joke...

Whats wrong with eating chinese food? I feel bad for you OP, hope you get better.

People that ******* stupid should be put to death. I kid you not. Because people like that are allowed to have children, the world is such a terrible place.

just because the person is stupid doesn't mean the child will be

The kid probably would be. Sad thing is, the apple hardly ever falls far from the tree. Studies have shown that children are influenced the most by the ones they spend time with the most. In this and many other cases, the people would be the parents. If the parent is an idiot and speaks his opinions in front of their children, the children would learn to think the same way as their parents. Basically, the kid would probably end up becoming an idiot that thinks the same way as their idiot parent.