By asdfjkl - 06/09/2009 17:27 - United States

Today, I had a long, meaningful telephone conversation. After hanging up, I realized I hadn't had such a great conversation in a long time. Who was it with? The Dell Customer Support guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 222
You deserved it 5 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ligerie 0

So call his ass back and ask him out.

Comments

Darling_Cherry 5

When I worked as a cashier, I hated the type of person who would drone on and on with problems I didn't give a shit about. Just because someone has to ask you how your day is going or how you are, doesn't mean they actually care or want to know.

sublime93 0

Idk, if i was ever in a position where i had to deal with the general public like that, i would love to make conversation & i wouldn't fake-care. But i guess I'm just a people person.

No, customer service is good like that but I have to agree that people who go on and on about something while you're working suck. You're there for a reason and can't go on with your job without coming off as rude.

That's what you think. After the 3d time it would be "whatever, man"

Darling_Cherry 5

I looooooooooove people. I absolutely do. And I don't "fake care." I worked at a veterinary office and loved helping people and genuinely cared about their pets and their problems. There's a difference between that and the job as a cashier is that I would ask something like, "is there anything else I can help you with," and would get a response like, "ohhhh there's no way you'd be able to help me with the problems I'm having. I just bought this here lock because my ex-boyfriend threatened to come back and kill me." Whoa, bitch. I just meant was there something you were shopping for in particular that you weren't able to find, not give me your life story on why you're shopping here today. I care about you having a pleasant shopping experience so that you come back one day, that's it. I didn't get paid to take on psychological problems. Surely, I would ask for a raise if that were the case.

His life must be pretty messed up too if he put up with you for that long...

Duuude...you're getting a dell! Want some pot? YDI. Get a Mac.

rihannalover 0

macs are easier to use and aren't shit. you're just saying that because you don't have one.

Exlibris 0

...Wow I don't think I have heard that retort since second grade. Plus, I am incredibly sick of the cult like following of Mac users. Agreed, Macs are overpriced shit piles.

rihannalover 0

whoa guys. sorry i offended you. and really i don't think it's a piece of shit, and it's the same as me saying pcs suck for you to say macs are a piece of shit. if you don't prefer it, whatever. if you remember your second grade experience this well, you probably aren't but a couple years past it. and for melisaaaa, it seemed by the way this person said it that they only hate it because they've never tried one, sorry. i have tried a pc and i hate them, but unless you've tried a mac you really can't say it's a piece of shit. but i do agree with you about the price.

Haha Some Of My Best Conversations Have Been With T-Mobile Customer Service Reps Over The Phone. And Just Because You Have A Long Conversation With Someone Doesn't Mean You're Complaining About Life. I Talked To A T-Mobile Guy About That Show Jackass For A Good 30 Minutes.

At least it wasn't with yourself. (phone rings) Cartman: Hello? Future Cartman: Hello? Am I there? Cartman: Who is this? Future Cartman: Ther-there, I have me. Alright, alright, listen, listen to me carefully, you NEED to be patient. Cartman: What? Who the hell is this? Future Cartman: It's me. Cartman: Me who? Future Cartman: Me you! Cartman: (pause) WHAT?!

If you had a good computer. like a Mac, you'd be totally lonely.

Did you at least get a date out of it? I bet the phone sex is amazing.