By preggersss - 19/07/2009 02:27 - United States

Today, I got sick in the airsick bag as my flight landed. The woman next to me, trying to make me feel better, says "Don't handle landings too well?" I responded "No, I actually fly fine, I'm just 8 weeks pregnant." She looked at my left hand, noticed no ring, rolled her eyes and looked away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 627
You deserved it 17 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You people do realize that not all people exchange rings when they are getting married. My cousins are SDA and they don't believe in wedding rings. They have three kids and I would hate for people to look down on her just b/c she isn't wearing a ring when she has been married for many years now.

Xinabeth 0

Some people don't believe in a god, so the choose to not be married under a god. Marriage is a religious concept; if you don't have a religion, why bother getting married? Just because someone isn't married doesn't mean they can't have kids. That lady was quite rude :(

Comments

foryoublue94 0
stupiidx3 0

i hate it when people are so judgemental. they dont even know the situation that person is in and starts thinking mad s*** about them already. like wtf?!

I totally agree, she's judgmental. She needs to get with the times. But I noticed some older people who were raised in maybe the 50s or below are all prim and proper. What you had in childhood usually stays with you. For instance, my grandpa was raised in a racist home and I think it's rubbed off on him a bit. It's sad, but I can't say I don't love him any less. So are we being judgmental by assuming the judgmental woman is a horrible person all around? No, she just strongly believes in babies after marriage. And that everyone should be like that. But it doesn't make her a bad person all around. Okay, now I'm rambling.

YDI for not knowing we're still in the 18th C. ::rolls eyes::

Her judgment was completely wrong, whether OP was married or not, or just not wearing her ring is really none of her business. But sadly unwed pregnancy is frowned on by lots of people, and as it happens more and more often instead of people accepting it more, many look down on it more. Really sad. But it could of simply be avoided if she hadn't told some stranger that she is pregnant. Especially when the way it's worded it sounds like she might have been embarrassed to have someone think she was sick because of flying. No shame there. No shame in being pregnant either. But I don't see the point in telling strangers about my pregnancies.

RLJJ 0

What an asshole ! Plus is there a law stating that when you're married you MUST wear a ring ? I've been married -officially, with all paperwork and signatures !- for almost twenty years and neither my wife nor myself have ever worn a ring.

oogyboogy 6

So are you saying that if more people thought it was apropriate to destroy all medicine should we all accept it... Why does it change with the time

It's a little ironic that you can't form sentences or spell correctly.

She's Swedish. Of course her English isn't perfect.

lexiluffagus 0

I'm wondering why that's being compared with this situation. Why do dumb ***** like you think that whatever someone says, they think it applies to everything. What he/she is trying to say is that it ain't going nowhere anytime soon, so you might as well get used to it instead of being a bitter asshole about it for the rest of your life.

You deserve it. Now think real hard sure we are in modern times but economically and mentally it is better to be married before you start making lil ones. Just people these days don't want to man up to their stupidity or mistakes. Children are a gift precious and have lost their value now. It seems like I'm making them to be a commodity :-/ but I digress. Kids today are lil brats and don't know who daddy is and are subjected to a ton of mess because they were bourne of a hook up. In a relationship of variable stability. All morals aside yes you can raise a child with multiple custody yes you can raise him or her by yourself but is that the best you are offering to your child. Myfiance and I want kids badly but, when we are married and can handle that huge charge. You are dealing with a human life people take that all to lightly these days.

... Judgemental. Gosh, what century are we living in? Congrats to you!

Well, never thought that she might be about to marry the father? You have no idea about her life, so better save your breathe. Kids today are lil brats? I lol'd. It's not better or worse than 30 years ago, seriously. I'm a married (!) mother of 2, my 3rd Baby is on the way. But actually, you can have a great relationship if you aren't married, too. Just because you are married on a piece of paper doesn't mean you're better parents than people who are not married. Plus, you can have a solid relationship when you are not married, too. See Johnny Depp as an example. He loves his family, he's just not into that marriage-thing. Things happen.

lilahhgee 0

51- **** you -___- your rude. what if she was raped? I hate people that judge like that