By wow. - 06/05/2009 20:09 - United Kingdom

Today, I got into my driving instructor's car for my first lesson. He looked at me, then said, "I'm sorry, but I wasn't told about your disabilities, what do you have?" I'm not disabled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 950
You deserved it 3 717

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't get it. He "saw" your disability? Are you deformed or something?

She's saying that he's implying she resembles disabled people (not sure which disability though)... Some physical characteristic she has made him assume that. It's not rocket science. But wow, what an asshole. I guess this is what happens when people assume stuff smh.

Comments

wallythedolly 0

That isn't necessarily insulting. In the driving world, disabilities could refer to wearing contacts or having a mild hearing problem. It's something they have to ask; he just phrased it weirdly.

annieannie 0

You should have drop kicked him in the face or something....... Then HE would be the on with 'disabilities' .

That's just evil to assume. You should have said something back.

You should have said something to him after the driving test.

happy_39 0

omggg that is SO mean. Was that a joke? Or was he just stupid?

coffeennicotine 0

#48, some people would ask that. I know someone who looks like she has Downs Syndrome, but she doesn't. Everyone she meets always speaks to her really slowly though and tells everyone how nice it is to talk to her when she has it. It's incredibly rude, but I doubt he meant to be mean. It still sucks though.