By sweet23 - 18/08/2013 11:43 - Australia - Burleigh Heads

Today, I got fired from my job at an age care facility because I was too nice to my residents. My boss told me "They're deaf, blind and about to jump head first into the grave. We don't pay you to be kind." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 012
You deserved it 3 067

sweet23_fml tells us more.

I think there was a bit of misunderstanding it was just my boss who thought that way, the ladies i work with are the most respectful and caring people i have ever met.

Top comments

Why do people treat the elderly so horribly? They are people too; they've just experienced a LOT more than most.

So are children, teens, married people, single people, and imaginary friends. Your point?

Comments

incoherentrmblr 21

This is the third post about asshole bosses. Horrible Bosses 2, coming to a job near you...

gentrysu 10

I've seen elderly patients hit nurses out of nowhere and call them names while cussing them out for no reason at all. Probably dementia or sundowners. Sometimes it is just the meds they are on. They do sometimes need a firm but kind person to handle them. It's very sad.

Go to the media. The public will tear that guy in half

Wtf?!? I would file a complaint with whomever runs the place. We need more people like you in care facilities. Seriously go above that guys head and get him fired.

I would be sure to write some reviews online about how they don't care about their patients.

Sounds like the facility I used to work at. Our boss didn't care if our residents ate kibble and never showered. All she cared about was their monthly checks to pay for their rooms.

You absolutely need to report that comment to governing medical bodies. That is a horrendous thing to say and believe and our elderly dont deserve to be under the care of someone like that.