By Anonymous - 26/03/2009 07:06 - United States

Today, I got back from a 6 month deployment overseas. My girlfriend of 3 years couldn't pick me up from the airport because she had an intramural softball game to go to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 449
You deserved it 6 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

notfromearth7 0

Aw...that sucks. But at the same time, good to see you got back safely soldier *salutes*

lolyouareanidiot 0

lol, at #3. No one takes intramural sports seriously. Certainly no one considers it a responsibility to play intramural sports where half the people show up drunk. This was a burn big time. You should take as much offense to this as possible.

Comments

WIDRR 0

wow im really sorry to hear that, thats a pathetic excuse not to pick you up. Hope you find someone better! and also anyone who thinks the gf was right is an idiot.

Monty_Python 0

Either dump her or send are on a guilt trip for many many free blow jobs!

abcdefgh_fml 0

#11, you're stupid. And #13 and 14: Agreed.

infantrygirl 0

#11... You're an idiot. Completely ignorant. You can't just put off a deployment. You go when Uncle Sam tells you to, and if you don't... well, he's not happy. Anyway... to the OP, that sucks. Nothing in the world will be able to keep me from being there when my man finally gets stateside. Glad to hear you made it home safe, though. =)

well, she's at least dedicated, but i feel for yah

um, wow, there are a LOT of needy people in this world. didn't you just come back from deployment? didn't they teach you to man up? you shouldn't be so clingy and upset that she didn't come because she had something else to do. if she loves you and you love her then you don't need the bullshit ways of showing affection. i don't mean to be harsh at all, but someone has to point out that you're acting like a little kid desperate for her attention as soon as you're back. you can handle it. i promise. do people REALLY think he should leave her because of this? you guys are being idiotic, or at least idiotic in terms of a long term relationship. if she stayed with him while he was gone, that should satisfy every needy guy's appetite.

First off thank you for your service! Secondly, she is not worth your time and effort. I know that if my s/o was coming home from iraq I would do everything in my power to be at that airport. I would want that first hug and first kiss, but hey that is just me. Thirdly, regarding dates and times of flights, there is no guarantee when he would be home until he landed in the states. I know people who have been delayed due to sand storms etc. While softball may be her passion, as your girlfriend she should be there for you!