By Mybrotherissatan - 10/03/2016 15:59 - United States - Arrington

Today, I found out why people in my new neighborhood keep giving me weird looks. For a laugh, my brother had gone around telling them I'm a parolee, and implying that I couldn't be trusted around their children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 616
You deserved it 1 328

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looks like you're going to have to prove you're a good guy. I'd suggest buying candy for all the kids in the neighborhood, but that wouldn't cut it. Make it a van full of candy—oh, and make sure it's nearly windowless to ensure the candy doesn't melt in the sun.

Why the hell would he do that?? That's not something to really play with.

Comments

Get revenge. Play a prank on him and have people tell him that a gang of people beat you to death for being a pedophile. He gets pranked and learns that his actions could have unintentional consequences.

That's really immature. Those poor parents are now terrified for their children's safety.

Tell the police, or bring your brother to court for defamation

What the ****? That isnt something you joke about. These are people you have to live near.

Why would he think that would be funny to do? What he did could really ruin your reputation.

That's a really shitty thing of him to do and can turn out very wrong. Makes me think of reading about a guy who got murdered because people thought he was a pedophile, while he wasn't.

Your brother sounds like a class A idiot, that could really cause you some trouble. I hope you stay safe op.

Wow. That could very seriously affect your life, in a negative way. Gossip like that travels fast. What if his little joke prevents you from getting a job, or gets you jumped and assaulted? Now, even if you can prove it's not true, you're permanently stuck with that stigma. Your brother is a dumbass and a complete ****. Does the legal term "Defamation of Character" mean anything to you?