By unwed - 11/12/2010 06:56 - United States

Today, I found out that my fiancé is going to be deployed on our wedding day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 483
You deserved it 4 407

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bogwandis 0

The most she could do is see if her fiance could deploy at a later time. While not likely, the military isn't completely heartless when it comes to these things. Besides, there is no way either of them could've known during the wedding planning that he would be deployed that day. Don't you guys think they would've changed the date if they knew this earlier? If her fiance can't work something out, then she is out of luck. Depending on how close it is to the wedding, it's really difficult to find a day where everyone and everything would work out like you wanted. OP, I"m sorry that this is happening to you. I'm a military wife as well, and I couldn't imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this is. Let the disrespectful comments begin :)

Comments

acutter2 1

so sorry. god bless. my family and I will miss Christmas together due to BCT and infantry training.

138- I think because fiancé is the man and fiancee is a woman, I might have then mixed up

Better move it up a day or two...or can't his day for deployment be pushed?

aww that sucks:( tell him I thank him for his service

I'm sorry. You can do a courthouse and a reception when you get back.

bleedingglitter 24

We had to move our wedding date too when my husband got deployed. We did it when he got back and it was still great.

Oh.. My god :( That's so terrible I'm sorry OP