By Anonymous - 03/10/2010 18:52 - United States

Today, I found out that instead of having four wisdom teeth, I have eight. They all have to be removed as soon as possible, which happens to be over the Christmas break. I get to spend my whole vacation in excruciating pain and a swollen face to boot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 821
You deserved it 3 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lilllly_1316 0

& there's "sumthing" called spell-check. :)

Sorry, OP! That's an unfortunate anomaly. :(

Comments

You might be one of those lucky few whose teeth slide out with minimal fuss and pain. One of mine was like that. I missed a couple of hours of work. The others were nightmares that involved a punctured sinus cavity and cutting into my jaw.

fmlwinnn 0

well luckily, I'm 15 and I went to the dentist 2 months ago and they never said anything about removing wisdom teeth. and I was at the orthodontist for a retainer checkup not even a month ago and they never said anything, so I guess I don't need them taken out? :D but FYL, OP.

babytiger319 0

you may still need your wisdom teeth taken out in the future. when I was 15, the orthodontist never said anything about wisdom teeth. it wasn't until I was 21 that he told me I should take them out in 2 years or so. and I did. wisdom teeth don't come in til you're at least 18. my husband is 25 and he is going to have his taken out in December. don't be surprised if you end up having yours removed. if you do, don't worry, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. and if it is, that's what painkillers are for.

you think you have nothing to worry about just because they didn't "say anything"? That doesn't mean anything. Most people don't find out whether they need their wisdom teeth out until they start causing pain OR unless a dentist NOTICES something at a check-up. My dad didn't need to get one of his wisdom teeth out til he was 45 and it caused an infected cyst in his gum. My sister had to get one of her 12 year old molars pulled out when she was 10 (yes it had already come through) because one of her wisdom teeth was growing into the molar (yes, when she was 10). The dentists didn't "say anything" to them either because they can't see inside your gum & see what your wisdom teeth are doing unless they have a reason to take an x-ray. Also normal dental x-rays don't necessarily show your wisdom teeth, so even if they do take an x-ray, it might not show them anything. Last time I was at the dentist i specifically asked them to check on my lower wisdom teeth (my upper ones have come through without problems). They had to shove the x-ray thingy further back into my mouth than normal, and down lower (hurt a lot more than a regular x-ray too coz it's digging into the soft tissue at the very back of your jaw). Fortunately that x-ray showed nothing, so the dentist said I either don't have lower wizzies or they are too low for the x-ray to get to. w00t!

Actually, I got my wisdom teeth at age 14/15. But I was an early bloomer... I had all my adult teeth by age 9. I do think you're right though, if the dentist didn't mention it, then they probably aren't close to coming through yet. It's probably too early for it to be an issue.

YDI for having a ******! Get with the program!

anna1928 4

it's not that bad, I got 8 teeth pulled out including all four wisdom two weeks ago and it only really hurt for like 2 or 3.

singer4life666 0

My sister had all four wisdom teeth taken out at the same time. She smelled like blood and cried. I can't even imagine how you'll be.

DisappearingRose 18

They numb it.... And it'll only be swollen for several hours

Looks like you get to miss possibly the best part of Christmas, the feast.

Lilllly_1316 0

Psh, yeah right. The best part is the presents! :D

Lilllly_1316 0
zp5 4

for christmas, you got a whole bottle of pain relievers!!!