By pansypup - 03/09/2015 02:30 - United States - Rio Rancho

Today, I discovered that my 100-pound Rottweiler is absolutely terrified of (drumroll please) orange peels. Yup. A byproduct of my lunch will turn this hulking monolith with teeth into a whimpering puddle of pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 760
You deserved it 2 213

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lots of dogs dislike citrus from what I've heard. So maybe he was reacting to the smell?

Comments

pennsatucky 12

My dog is terrified of plastic bags lol.

The aliens are disguised as orange peels and the dogs know it!

Just asking... how is this bad to your life?

My dog will eat citrus for every meal if you let her. Clementines and oranges, she goes nuts when she smells me peeling one.

Is it just me, or are bigger dogs the biggest softies? That's not bad; I love big dogs! A family in Kerry I know has a huge German Shepherd who whines like mad and just glomps to your legs :P She's such a sweetheart. Also, dogs no likey citrus. It's common for people to use bottles filled with lemon water to deter dogs from entering their yard.

crazygirl2014 8

My mom's dog is afraid of a big orange ball.

Dogs don't like oranges actually. If you rub citrus oils on your table or chairs, it will keep puppies from chewing on them.

I wish this were true of my dog. When she was a pup, she loved all the sprays that were used to deter her from chewing. She liked them so it just made her want to chew them more lol. We ended up spraying them on her toys so she would choose them over the furniture.

Our mastador(mastiff-lab) will run from other dogs. Our 9 pound dachshund chases them off usually. He was also scared of a gas can. He will, however, stand his ground if he's with one of us to protect us. Big dogs seem to usually be big, adorable scaredy-cats.

Lol my rotty was scared of shitzus and chihuahuas!! Oh and he was terrified of thunderstorms and would often be found hiding between our toilet and bathtub when thunder started!