By 2k16 - 17/03/2016 02:48 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, I came home to find that my dog had figured out how to open the fridge again. He'd helped himself to raw eggs and crab. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 814
You deserved it 1 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a crabby day. Sorry, shouldn't have made that pun. It's a little eggstreme.

Comments

ulissey_fml 22

My old cat could tackle any kitchen cabinet or fridge , no matter how new , hard to work on or big. So I equipped all of them with clew blocks and cleats, as my dad was a keen sailor. That made for fun conversations when newcomers visited my place. I don't know about dogs, but when a cat has trained itself to learn a trick, you will have a hard time outsmarting it.

Hey now you just have to teach the dog to cook and you will have the dog version of ratatouille. Plus I would think it would be more hygienic if a dog cooked in stead of a rat!

Child Safety Lock! Sucks, but until you can catch him doing it and discipline, he'll keep doing it!

welp, better hope he doesn't shit in the house

If it was crab still in the shell, you might wanna keep an eye on your dog. Those shells can cause blockages and cut up the digestive tract.

RusticChick 27

Your only concern should be the crab. Eggs are great for a dogs skin and coat! Egg shells are much less likely to make cuts or get stuck than crab shells would! Hope doggo is okay!

fangirlofthings 21
middlenamefrank 8

I'd be all about "fyl", except for one word in your story, "again". After the first time it happened, why not find some child-proofing device to keep the dog out of the fridge? Sorry, but because of that "again", ydi.

Locking up the fridge would, IMO, be a last resort. OP might have wanted to try other methods first, like obedience training or putting something in the way of the kitchen so the dog couldn't get in. If the fridge doesn't belong to OP (like in an apartment or rental home) then putting a child lock on it might be against the lease, since most are destructive to install.

And some are easy to install and remove. OP should get one immediately.

Did he enjoy some drawn (out) butter as well? Time to maybe child/dog proof the fridge OP