By kimftwxox - 03/05/2011 02:24 - United Kingdom

Today, I came across an old man sitting on the pavement with a bottle of beer in one hand. He was crying. I thought I would be a good Samaritan and see if he was okay. After 15 minutes of hearing about how much his life sucked, he mugged me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 917
You deserved it 9 664

kimftwxox tells us more.

Yeah I know it was stupid, but I'm a good person.. I help work at social care and I hate seeing people upset. It was all in good intention, fair enough I maybe shouldn't have spoke to him and I deserved what I got I was only trying to be nice in the end. And saying I copied jesus' story is pathetic.

Top comments

Nothing wrong with being a good person, OP. Blessing and a curse sometimes.

Matty1188 6

Comments

YouReallyDeserve_fml 0

Ever. Never meet anyone new. Not your parents? Stay away. New sibling? Ignore them. Potential employer? Stranger Danger!

you totally should have chased him up the street yelling "That asshole stole my laxatives!"

Decodedman 1

I wonder how long the op would have stood there listening to the hobo. 15 minutes? Really? YDI. People drinking in on the street are seldom people you want to get into deep conversation with. If you're concerned, call the police. If you just have to find out for yourself first what is up with them, you should be able to determine in 60 seconds or less if they need immediate medical assistance; if not, make tracks.

Yeah, because the police are so often sympathetic to the woes of the homeless.

he did WHAT!? But that sounded like such a good idea! to sit and talk to some drunk crying homeless guy. how on earth did that backfire?

annonomusCG 0

"Yea man....she dumped me for my brother...uh huh...iight now gimmie yo money!!!" lmao.

i don't think cumming across him made his life any better

L1wolf 6

Wow that sucks....so sorry that happened to you. But I am a firm believer in karma he will get what is coming to him. It's crazy that you can't even help people anymore without some BS happening.