By dorianseiji - 11/03/2015 20:37 - France - Amiens

Today, I ate an apple. My sister then walks in dressed as a witch, and asks, "Have you seen my poisoned apple?" She was playing at Snow White, and the apple had been dipped in the toilet, the cat's food bowl and the garbage can. FML
I agree, your life sucks 554
You deserved it 111

Top comments

I'm sorry but did it even smell like an apple? C'mon now... I'm laughing at your pain. At least you didn't fall asleep. Or die...

Good thing it wasn't a real poisoned apple or else your future would be looking pretty grim-hilde.

Comments

You should always wash fruit and vegetables before you eat them. E-coli has been found on everything at one point or another.

My MIL has terrible hygiene practices. She did not have much education and comes from a very poor background from a country affected by war. When shopping, she will handle every bit of fruit on the stand. So just think, someone who blows their nose into the hem of their dress may have touched your fruit before you buy it. I highly recommend you wash every piece of fruit or vegetable you buy just in case my mother in law has been shopping before you.

You didn't notice that it tasted funny?? That's so gross!

The fact that she was actually intending to use this at the play makes it that much worse.

If it didn't taste bad when you were eating it, it was probably fine. Toilet water is just water (unless someone had just used it?) and the only thing wrong with cat food is that it smells terrible--so if it didn't make your apple smell terrible then that's not an issue. As for the garbage, it entirely depends on what was in the can at the time!

I feel like that would have had a bad smell.

How did you not think it tasted funny?

Unused toilet water is actually pretty clean. Still though, it would seem nasty...

TabooSushi 24

And this is why I wash every fruit and vegetable I eat, because you just have no idea where it's been and who/what has touched it before you.

I'd be worried about your little sister. She sounds quite young and I know kids get into all sorts but playing with food she's dipped in toilets and garbage isn't exactly very safe...might need to talk to her about that.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, well maybe not in this case. FYL.