By preggo - 04/12/2009 00:02 - United States

Today, I asked my mom if she could include mashed potatoes and gravy with dinner. She then went on to yell at me about my "unhealthy eating habits" and how I've "gained a lot of weight in the past few months". I'm pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 984
You deserved it 4 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

peroxideprincess 0

the question is...does she even know you're pregnant? :P

Comments

tab_ga1990 0

first of all who cares if she misspelled a word no one is perfect. second of all she never said that her mom didn't know that she was pregnant. third of all people that is saying that she needs to eat healthier how about you talk to those other pregnant women that have their husbands or room mates (i.e. my mom's roommate is pregnant keeps having her go out and get stuff for her its actually really funny hearing my mom complain) go out and get stuff for them from the store. Mashed potatoes are so much better then just buying junk food from the store. And mashped potatoes arnt all that unheathly. Get over your selves its just a pregnant woman wanting to eat, know you're going to start yelling at the pregnant women for being lazy because they sit on their but all day because their feet are huting.

What is everyone's problem? So the OP misspelled something. I'm sure y'all are perfect and never have ever done anything so absurd before. Moving on... Mashed potatos and gravy with dinner isn't that unhealthy. It would be if you had a huge mountain of it but a few spoonfuls is nothing to get up in the air over.

Not like OP's legs! (in reference to 'up in the air')

NotEven 0

We do not know for sure that she is young or that her mother doesn't know she's pregnant. She could be 30 and married. I know mothers who have told their daughters they were gaining too much weight while pregnant. It's called criticism. Maybe the OP is like #42 and thinks she can eat all the junk food she wants because she's pregnant. You can't, BTW, you will get gestational diabetes and your baby will be fat for life. And you will probably never lose the weight. That all being said, there is nothing wrong with mashed potatoes and gravy with dinner as long as you limit it to proper portion sizes.

ummm I was gestationaly diabetic for both of my pregnancies and I don't binge on junk. Gestational Diabetes has nothing to do with what the mother eats its a matter of how her body processes sugar ie me eating a normal bowl of regular ceral would make my sugar too high for my doctors tastes. It does not make your baby "fat for life" the high blood sugar you pass to your baby can make him/her produce insulin to compensate which in turn makes the baby grow faster than it's developing so if you don't manage your sugar you can have a very large baby and in some cases other health issues for the baby.

alwaysalady 0

never deny a pregnant woman what she is craving. get it and get it fast or you will regret it.

Why the **** are you having a baby if you still live with your parents? I'm not giving you the 'sex before marriage' speech because thats bullshit. BUT WHY would you have a baby when you can't even support yourself!?! Please tell me you're giving it up for adoption, because you clearly aren't a fit parent.

suckstobey0u 0

Wow, you're a jerk. Some people voluntarily live with their parents even if they have jobs, you know. Maybe she's the one supporting her mom.

lilmissh10 0

Did you forget this a post on fmlife? Haha! You are absolutely ridiculous. Thanks for the laugh though.

You don't know shit about OP. You don't know why she's living with her mom, how old she is or if she is "unfit" to be a parent....

chlorinegreen 27

I'm 24. 25 weeks pregnant and live with my parents. I'm a unfit mother? I chose to live with my parents so they can: 1.) help me with my difficult pregnancy so far 2.) because my SO lives 3 hours away, because he had to move for his job. Well gee, why didn't you move with him? Maybe it's because I have a good job now that offers me benefits and maternity leave and when I do leave I am no longer insured. Well gee, why didn't you just get your own apartment and live alone? Maybe because I rather pay my HUMONGOUS doctor bills off instead of pay for a apartment for 9 months (if that). Wow I'm so irresponsible...

The OP might be visiting her mom for dinner. Just because she was talking to her mom doesn't necessarily mean she lives with her!

lilmissh10 0

Apparently some of your a bit uneducated and don't know a damn thing about health and food. Mashed potatoes and gravy aren't that bad for you depending on how often you eat them and how your prepare them. For all of you idiots who can't figure out how to cook healthy mashed potatoes follow these simple directions: 1. boil potatoes, 2. mash the potatoes, 3. add a bit of water or non-fat milk, 4. eat your stupid potatoes. As for gravy, don't make the homemade kind from meat grease or fat. Pay attention to what you put in your food! That's what matters.

lilmissh10 0

He's not a jerk, he's just stupid.

Yeah, why don't you just make them yourself? Or is the FML that you're pregnant, still living with your mom, and still expecting her to make you all the food you want? Because if it's that, you need to grow up, and fast. (Since you've decided to become pregnant and all.)