By i hit a cyclist - 27/05/2013 11:19 - United Kingdom - Nottingham

Today, I accidentally hit a cyclist with my car. In panic, I jumped out of my car and ran up to him, who was lying on the floor, motionless. As I was about to check his pulse, he jumped up and shouted, "I bet you thought I was dead, asshole!" He then punched me in the face and cycled off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 076
You deserved it 25 622

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a jerk, it was obviously an accident, at least you tried to help him

At least you went to check on him instead of driving off like so many people have done :)

Comments

What a dick. There's stupid people who don't pay attention, and they're people who honestly didn't mean it. **** him op..

Ohh poor cyclist :(( OP YDI should drive more carefully

Perdition25 12

**** cyclists, almost all of them don't obey the rules of the road. If I was a police officer, I'd put a lot more focus on them as they endanger themselves constantly.

Well , if you lay there motionless , who wouldn't think you were dead ? Asshole. Don't feel bad OP , after that comment he deserves it. FYL indeed. @ Least you tried helping him , that's all that matters. Some people just yell out from their window, "You alright buddy?" And keep on driving. COUGH NEWYORKERS!! (Ive seen it Twice.)

From the VERY BEGINNING 32?! oh my goodness, quickly everyone, be more appreciative of her comments.

How do you 'accidentally' hit a cyclist? Maybe you should pay more attention to your driving - then you won't have to worry about angry cyclists.

51 - The same way you accidentally do anything. Besides, just because OP hit the cyclist doesn't mean OP was the one at fault. For all we know, the cyclist ran a red light or dismounted a footpath without checking for vehicles.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Snarky comment I choose you!

YeahYeahYeahOK 6

If it was the "floor" you have nothing to worry about. I doubt your teacher will give you a bad grade for trying to help the cyclist out. :) God forbid this would have happened on the road or the cyclist might have killed you!

No idea why you're all on OP's side. He's obviously an idiot. A floor is in an enclosed area, not on a road. When you get your license you take a test, and on that test you have to know that everyone not in a car has the right of way. You are lucky that you didn't kill the cyclist, lucky all they did was punch you in the face. Maybe now you'll pull your head out of your ass and pay attention to the road.

It could be that the cyclist pulled out of nowhere, you can't just assume. The fact that OP went to check if the guy was ok probably means it was a complete accident, and there was nothing they could do about it. Oh and here in the UK, at least where I'm from, floor can be used interchangeably with ground so OP isn't wrong by saying floor.

How do you know he wasn't paying attention? People get into accidents all the time while paying attention. That's why they're called accidents. They don't happen on purpose. And even if OP wasn't paying attention, he at least got out of his car to check on the cyclist, who in turn, was a huge asshole

That's accually not true yes cars have to share the road but just because ur on the road and not in a car does not automatically give you right of way you still have to obey all the same laws as any car

Cyclists in Chicago deserve to get run over. Most feel they own the road and rarely obey the laws. I smile every time I read about one getting hit.