By christmaswillneverend - 02/01/2013 00:18 - United States - Red Lion

Today, at my four-year-old daughter's insistence, I looked for - and found - a radio station that plays "Santa music" all year round. She's ecstatic and I can't turn it off without upsetting her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 019
You deserved it 11 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't let your kids become your boss, show your kid who's in charge. Or learn to love Santa music

The_Tool1 13

That's when you throw the radio away and tell her you don't know what happened to it.

Comments

Haha. You're a good mom. My mother would never let me play my music when I was a child. I know it's probably annoying to you but I think it's sweet.

it won't be a permanent situation, your kid's so young... she's into that right now, but she'll probably get tired of it sooner or later :) in the meanwhile, move away from the radio if you can't stand it :)

Does she also tell you what time she is going to bed, what she's having for dinner, etc? Grow a pair and be a parent. Teaching children there are dissapointments in life and how to appropriately handle them is one of the most important lessons you can impart. Or just surrender your title of "Parent" now and be done with it.

That's when you say, suck it up buttercup. Feel free to use your own discretion on making it sound nicer. I would rather listen to 15 min of screaming than hear jingle bells for the rest of the year.

The difference between a child centered household and a parent centered household is important.

barronterrier 3

Pretend you're a parent and just throw the damn thing away! Problem solved!!!

Steel_BZ 8

Guys, it's January 4th. Let the kid listen to Christmas music for another week or two if she wants. She, like the rest of us, will get bored of it.

JokersGirl 3

Omg couldn't cope with that, I love Christmas...it's just the music is awful haha.

How about you be the parent! Letting your 4 year old dictate what radio station you listen to shows what a pushover you are and you're only setting yourself up for more issues down the road. Children need to learn they aren't the ones in charge you are, it's your own fault!