By fine - 28/02/2015 05:22 - United States - Danvers

Today, after struggling for over a year with it, and now having it medically confirmed, I told my step-dad about my depression. He gave me a disgusted look and scoffed, "Toughen up, cunt." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 408
You deserved it 4 689

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

What? He calls you the c word and blows off your illness? horrid. stay strong, OP.

Pancakes017 19

People can be so hateful. Surround yourself with positive people. You're strong enough to get through this :)

Comments

PANDORUM89 21

honestly I feel as if depression is diagnosed too much and pills are used to cover it up. I was depressed for about 6 years, suicidal because of it and received no medical help and I conquered it. I began going on daily 2+ mile walks, that lowered my anxiety and cleared some of the fog. then I started riding my horses more after work. sometimes from 3-9pm. if I found myself thinking negatively I immediately shut it down. I worked hard at it but it can be done. I fell like some people just roll around in it and use it as a crutch for sympathy, pity, whatever. I know there are extreme cases in which people just can't get past it, but I'm sure a lot of people with "depression" just need to get a hobby or go outside more. TVs and computers fuel depression.

Just smoke a blunt. You' ll be all good.

That's horrible. I'm so sorry. My parents are asses about my depression, but I sure never got anything like that from them.

What an insensitive prick. Depression has nothing to do with toughness, getting over it, being happy, etc. don't let idiots like this make you feel like you don't have a valid diagnosis that deserves recognition!

Damn, no wonder you've got depression. Power on, OP.

No wonder you're depressed , having to live with that fucktard!!!! Never mind the step-douche, OP. Stay strong and ignore him. I would approach your Mom and tell her, though. It is not acceptable to be disrespected that way in your own home. Personally , if someone called me the c word, I would punch them in the face !

My friend says we are like batteries and sometimes we have enough energy to see a friend but then it is used up and we need to recharge by watching tv or relaxing. Other times we have only enough to get out of bed and are exhausted. Worrying and the hell that is mental illness takes up a lot of energy so please do be good to yourself - relax if you can and don't worry if some days you don't have energy for things.