By w-dog - 24/08/2009 17:33 - Canada

Today, after spending $15,000 to treat my dog's cancer over the past two months, he died of kidney failure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 632
You deserved it 19 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Boo ******* hoo, some guy took his own hard earned money and paid for something they care about's health instead of listening to some dumb **** on the internet and giving it to charity. What about people who spend hundreds of thousands more to buy a bigger house, even though they don't really a house that big? Shouldn't they have given their money to charity? What about billionaires who spend their money on playboy bunny slaves? How many little African kids would you save if he gave all his money to charity? Face it you dumb *****, giving your money to charity is an option, stop making it seem like this guy was obligated to do it just because he spent money on his dog. You know what else people do? They spend loads of money buying food for their dogs! And pfft, we ALL know dogs don't need food! They should have spend that money on some poor kids in Africa with AIDS to let them live a few more days even though they're already on death row because no amount of money even in your stupid ******* idealistic bubble could save them all. Grow the **** up.

Comments

Should have put it down before you spent the money. It would have been better for both of you.

I really hate saying this, but you should have used more discretion. Dogs do deserve special care, but not that much. You should have known enough was enough and to just learn to cope with what he/she had. $15,000 is absurd.

Sounds like my cat, who was misdiagnosed, and while we went to spend money on what he didn't need, he died of brain tumors and some other things... Though I guess it'd be difficult to say he has cancer when he doesn't, so that doesn't sound like what you went through. Sucks either way. Sorry man.

Oh you know, I've heard that too. I've also heard humans and dogs are actually closely related, I mean in biological make up terms, not DNA (or maybe that too? Eh, I forget) ... So that makes it a fail on the vet's part for not checking. If that's true, OP, you COULD sue.

Tika876 18

Everyone who has money and loves their dog...

Mikaylatte 0

Awe thats so sad, im sorry:[

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Shadow_Phantom 26

XD I've met dogs that have acted better than most humans.

I know it's quite corny to quote a movie but "Money is common - they print more every day - but that ticket [or in our case, dog]... there is only five of those [this one particular dog] in the world, and that's all there's ever going to be. Only a dummy would trade it for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?" Something like that. No price is too steep for something you want to keep alive. I'm sure a lot of people here have spent that much money (accumulatively) and more on themselves, buying frivolous things like junk food, make up, music, etc, that they didn't NEED to live.... Not so hard to give a little to others, especially when it means their life... Also to the people who keep comparing the dog to mom or something... Actually I would say more like a cousin. You do care for them, but they're not so near and dear to you as immediate family. At least, I would hope you cherish your mother above your dog...

hippiesonparade 0

something like that happened to me-we gave my dog chemo, amputated her leg, then she died of stomach bloat :(

YDI. Dogs can be replaced, and if you buy the same breed [key word: BUY], they usually have the same personality. and if your dog is that irreplaceable then you need to make some human friends. and no im not superficial and ignorant, ive just given up hope on the human race. you still don't agree with me? Go read some books, non-fiction ones, not murder mysteries.. zz.

babawhitesox 0

31, ur a bitch u cant replace dogs by buyin same 1 they wont be the same

Then how come me and my siblings have different personalities? We have the same parents and we're raised by the same parents. Explain (:!!