By w-dog - 24/08/2009 17:33 - Canada

Today, after spending $15,000 to treat my dog's cancer over the past two months, he died of kidney failure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 631
You deserved it 19 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Boo ******* hoo, some guy took his own hard earned money and paid for something they care about's health instead of listening to some dumb **** on the internet and giving it to charity. What about people who spend hundreds of thousands more to buy a bigger house, even though they don't really a house that big? Shouldn't they have given their money to charity? What about billionaires who spend their money on playboy bunny slaves? How many little African kids would you save if he gave all his money to charity? Face it you dumb *****, giving your money to charity is an option, stop making it seem like this guy was obligated to do it just because he spent money on his dog. You know what else people do? They spend loads of money buying food for their dogs! And pfft, we ALL know dogs don't need food! They should have spend that money on some poor kids in Africa with AIDS to let them live a few more days even though they're already on death row because no amount of money even in your stupid ******* idealistic bubble could save them all. Grow the **** up.

Comments

thats sad. but i know a dude who woudl do the same thing. people stop telling him he deserves it. maybe he has money and he loves his dog. i love my dog and would do anythign for it.

i know this is going to sound really cruel, and i apologize for it, but you shouldn't've spent so much money on your dog. sure, you loved him and maybe he was part of the family, but unless you're super-rich it isn't the practical thing to do. i guess it's an FYL for the misfortune, but it's sort of an YDI too (although "you deserved it" sounds really horrible in this situation). dogs are less than people (i'm gonna get so much shit for this from crazy hippie PETA-freaks), and you shouldn't've spent so much money to prolong his life. if you're very rich, that's a different story though, as your $15,000 would be alot more disposable.

Practicality is bullshit. If you're mum was dying of cancer, there would be know point at which you would say "aw hell, this is too much money, I better just let it happen." And as far as I'm concerned, just the fact that this dog was a dog means that he has done less than your mum to deserve it. He deserved the care and hope that he got, and it is truly unfortunate that it wasn't enough.

_Katydid_ 3

I really don't think you can compare a dog to someone's mother, so that argument needs to be dismissed. Sure, animals are wonderful, and they deserve a lot more than they get. However, that's not what the FML is about. It's about OP losing their pet, which is a tragedy in itself. It doesn't matter whether they spent $5 or $15,000 to help the poor thing. Truly sorry about your loss, OP. All you can do is be thankful that your dog is no longer in pain, and continue to live your life.

loserboii 11

u shoulda killed him wen u got the chanve seroously ;(

Shadow_Phantom 26

My cat died of kidney failure... Then my other cat died of Kidney Cancer after 2 years of suffering from it, because my imbecile of a mother wouldn't take her to the vet to see why she was urinating everywhere. Telling me we "couldn't afford it" even though she went and got knocked up (which costs 10,000 to have a baby in the ER.) But still FYL, really >: