By Anonymous - 24/10/2014 20:52 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, after my first day at work at a local daycare, I found out that I'm not entitled to breaks because I'm the only worker there who doesn't smoke. My boss asked me, ''What do you need a break for?'' FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 972
You deserved it 2 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmPaul 49

Report him. You're just as entitled to a break as everyone else.

Comments

brendejafulable 41

Looks like we have a bunch of potential lawyers here. Shut up "know it alls". Not a lot is more annoying.

Britt125 16

Well depending on the hours you work... the law requires it. Well, I don't know about the laws in Ireland but in Canada (or at least Alberta) anything over 5 hours a 30 min break is required by law, anything else is not required by law but recommended (basically it's 1 break for every 2 hours worked, your 30 min break kicking in at 5 hours and then it's 15 minute breaks other than that). I would imagine you'd be able to put in a complaint for a reason like that though, on the grounds of it not being equal treatment even if it's for breaks that you don't actually have to be given. I don't know, but most likely you could... I'd honestly try to contact the labour board and ask what kind of policy they have about that. Don't just take that crap, if they'll pull that crap likely they'll pull more, especially if they think they can get away with it.

an3ph 20

Eargarets. They are like cigarettes for your ears. They are surprisingly addictive. Just remember to take two earmints. When you're done.

Sucks but I feel your pain, my job can have us go 13+ hours with no breaks. You get use to it

I think my picture says it best...retards...retards everywhere.

Mooglefox 23

Well.... He kinda does have a point...... Na, JK. He's an idiot.

It's a legal right assuming you work x hours (I forget the amount). Although some employers are assholes and bypass it by giving just under.

I work in childcare as well (Australia, so may be different) but some centres don't give us unpaid meal breaks and instead you eat with the children and can relax (a little) whilst they're sleeping and you get paid.