By sorrynotsorry - 19/08/2014 02:59 - United States - Vancouver

Today, a customer told my boss I was too pushy because I asked her what bra size she wears. I work at a lingerie store. I got a stern lecture from my boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 867
You deserved it 3 491

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bra-size-guessing abilities, activate! Seriously though, how else were you supposed to help her?

that is horrible! at least you were doing your job tho. :o

Comments

I voted YDI because I also work at a lingerie store and it's common sense to not force such personal info out of a customer. It's our job to help in the best way we can, yeah sure it's a little odd when people are so uncomfortable to share such a thing, but if they don't want to then they don't want to and you can help them out by guessing and giving them a few sizes.

OP may have been asking so they can get something in the customer's size from the back. I had that happen when a bra I liked wasn't in my size in the store, so the worker asked what size I was and brought me one that fit.

I honestly don't understand why it's so bad to tell the worker your bra size. How many people come into that store in a day? I doubt OP would've even remembered at the end of the day if the customer didn't make a scene. They're just doing their job, and it's just a size, it isn't that big of a deal.

It's a reasonable question just an over reaction

SmittyJA24 26

"The customer is always right." Bullshit. More often than not, the customer is a flaming fucktard with the mental capacity of a downspout. I also am a customer service specialist but in the automotive business. A response such as OP got generally indicates the customer (1) has no idea what they need, (2) is a neurotic twat scab with anti-social tendencies, or (3) one of those cheap ***** that will complain about anything in a store or a restaurant in order to score a massive discount or a freebie.

Well I guess she wasn't looking for a push-up bra...

RedPillSucks 31

Curious where you're from. Guessing a womans size seems like a recipe for failure.

Aero_x 21

I'll bet the customer was just feeling insecure.

RedPillSucks 31

plot twist: the customer was actually a man.

Whether or not you deserve it really depends on how you approached this customer. As others have said, maybe she was just browsing and wasn't willing to divulge such information. At the same time, I'm not entirely sure why women get so upset over size. We can't really help it, so why be ashamed?

I agree with you, but I think the reason for a lot of women feeling ashamed about their bra size is that people MAKE a lot of women feel ashamed about their size. As someone with relatively small breasts, I've very often had it pointed out to me and it isn't nice. There also seems to be a strong policy of "bigger is better" when it comes to breasts. So that's probably why some women feel ashamed.