This is going to end well

By awkward. - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I found out that my new boss at my job is the same guy that I turned down repeatedly last night at the bar. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 777
You deserved it 4 720

Top comments

could be worse, you could have hooked up with him

Lets just hope he doesn't hold a grudge.. otherwise you will find yourself being repeatedly turned down for promotions.... Though if he is a bit of a sleaze then record everything as it could be a nice case of sexual harrasment for HR to look into. ;)

Comments

Lets just hope he doesn't hold a grudge.. otherwise you will find yourself being repeatedly turned down for promotions.... Though if he is a bit of a sleaze then record everything as it could be a nice case of sexual harrasment for HR to look into. ;)

Because exploiting the justice system is always a good idea amirite?

rkowatch 0

yeah because it's exploiting the judicial system when someone is being sexually harassed and nails the bastard... this is assuming that he would actually do it and it was like #1said caught on audio tape

realggirl 0

Not giving her a promotion isn't sexual harassment. Let's hope you weren't rude about it. There's a big difference between "Get the f**k out of my face" and "I'm just here to have fun, sorry. Thanks anyway."

elara15 0

Not giving her a promotion based on the assumed poor quality of her work isn't sexual harassment. Judging her job performance solely on her off-site romantic rejection of him is sexual harassment. As a female, I hope you never encounter such a situation if you're that dismissive and dumb.

americayay 0

#59. If it is the latter, I assume her new boss wouldn't outright tell her so. Therefore it would be REALLY hard to sue for that.

ohoyo 0

HR has ways of handling this, even when it is hard to prove anything matter-of-factly. Everybody has a life outside of work -- there is nothing that either of you really needs to be embarrassed about. Keep your honor, keep your humor, expect him to behave in the future, call HR if he doesn't, and let the experience at the bar fade into history. It's very possible that he would not have hit on you if he'd known about your upcoming professional relationship. You may have nothing to feel uncomfortable about from this moment on. It's also possible that an uncomfortable beginning can be turned around into a great deal of professional esteem in the future. You both have a good chance to prove your dignity and kindness now. Best wishes.

now you can unrefuse him cause you know he thinks your hot?

Or maybe he is just professional about it...! Good luck :)

could be worse, you could have hooked up with him

she probably would of been better off if she did

Suree 0

I'm going with #3 on this one. Depending on what you think his personality is, you could clear the air / remove lingering grudges by making a joke out of it: "oh hi, you're my new boss? Wow, good thing we didn't hook up then or otherwise we'd have a situation here right? ;-) "

hahah sounds like a bad case of The Karma.

Nikki 16

It’s not bad karma to turn someone down that you aren’t interested in

Glam_fml 0

I see a promotion in your futute if you play your cards right. 

hook up with his boss, you'll be fine.

Sounds like Greys Anatomy, only Meredith was smart enough to hook up with the guy. And look where it got her!

netbeui435 3