Regret…

By Anonymous - 18/02/2021 20:01

Today, I searched my ex-boyfriend on Facebook while my husband slept. He recently got engaged. I regret everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 248
You deserved it 1 858

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Sounds like your husband needs to find someone who appreciates him.

Do your husband a favor and divorce him so he can move on with his life now rather than trying to salvage it later. You obviously are not happy.

Comments

YDI. Sure I could look up my ex wife on Facebook, but I don’t. It socks you regret everything, but it’s obvious you have other issues to deal with if you got married to someone that you didn’t love in the first place. For the record, I have some regrets with my ex wife, but not enough to have rushed into a second marriage(which I have been in longer than the first)

Do your husband a favor and divorce him so he can move on with his life now rather than trying to salvage it later. You obviously are not happy.

Everyone on Facebook paints a happy picture of their life. Looking at others on Facebook is not like actually living with someone. In person you see the good and the bad, not just pretty pictures and carefully composed sentiments. Do not be a fool. You are not with your ex for whatever reasons happened. Leave the past in the past. You cannot go back and relive yours or anyone else’s life. Stop looking back! Try to make the best of the real life you have now. And for God’s and everyone else’s sake if you are unhappy with your marriage don’t add any children to it.

tounces7 27

Sounds like your husband needs to find someone who appreciates him.

Yummi_913 18

Your ex got engaged, but you're ALREADY married. I'm with everyone else. Please free your husband so that he can find someone who actually loves him. You'll get to start over too. You don't have to stay unhappy. Just don't bring any children into this mess.

Let me guess: Your ex is doing well, he and his fiancée look young, healthy, and like they still have their futures ahead of them. Meanwhile, you feel like your life and relationship have stalled, you and your husband don't have the youthful vigour you had when you first got together, maybe your fears have been compounded if you have kids, blah blah blah. You didn't say if your husband is a decent guy, or a complete turd. If he's good, you should talk to him, make sure he understands how you feel, and where you want to go in the future. If he's a turd, get what you need to start again ready, so that when you leave, you're not struggling to move on, and you don't end up couch-surfing like a putz.