Promising

By Anonymous - 14/10/2022 10:00

Today, my wife of 12 years told me she would be more peaceful if I just killed myself. I argued that I’m not going to, but she assured me that I would. It’s just ‘when’ that’s in question. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 175
You deserved it 106

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xxWTFxx1981 23

Dude you better leave before you have a "accident"

Umm that's really ****** up man and it's time to get away now, she's projecting her inner thoughts and probably is cheating on you as well. Get proof of her telling you to kill yourself not only is this illegal but it's also a premise to more. She obviously wishes harm to be done to you.

Comments

xxWTFxx1981 23

Dude you better leave before you have a "accident"

Umm that's really ****** up man and it's time to get away now, she's projecting her inner thoughts and probably is cheating on you as well. Get proof of her telling you to kill yourself not only is this illegal but it's also a premise to more. She obviously wishes harm to be done to you.

I think it's time to ditch the b!tch. How else does one describe someone who acts that way? Psychotic? Disturbed? (With apologies to the band).

Cancel your life insurance policy and will your entire estate to some powerful organization. That'll take care of your wife's financial motivation for killing you. Don't know what to do about her other reasons for wanting you dead. Ask the dude(s) she's boning for advice and do the opposite.

I'd be a little more than slightly disturbed. I would make some safety controls. Usually people with depression feel like life is better without them, telling someone you share life with that your life is better if they kill themselves is a red flag. All humans have these intrusive thoughts but most don't actually believe or say them. I feel like your wife might be battling mental health issue where death and suicidal thoughts (wishing someone to kill themselves is included here) are echoing louder. Communicate, therapy. And that isn't it and she truly believes it, then the question is What are you going to do?

Maybe you're thinking that you're not going to divorce her, but I asure you that you will. It's just the "when" that's in question.

Sonotsuave 35

Um, I’m worried and scared for you. Time to leave, get evidence of that ish and tell the police, get a restraining order, divorce, etc. Sounds like she’s not well in the head at all and is either wishing you harm or planning it herself