Promise

By thiswouldhappen. - 17/03/2009 02:19 - United States

Spicy
Today, my dad gave me a promise ring on my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend and made me swear I would wait until marriage. Four hours later, he walked in on us having sex in my bedroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 666
You deserved it 265 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why do parents think a ring will convince their dear daughter to keep her leg closed? it never works.

And that is why you don't do it in your parents' house.

Comments

You both fail. Also #82, 81 and 80 didn't say not to keep the promise. They just said not to lie about it.

You should have at least respected your dad and not have done under his roof.

I think he'd understand more if she didn't lie and say "LOLK I'M NOT HAVIN SEX" than if he expected his daughter to be a good little virgin then busted into her room to find her naked doing it in the butt.

Some parents can be ridiculously controlling...you don't know if this person's father is one of the really controlling ones who it's hard to explicitly oppose.

What's with all the hatin' on the dad? If she still lives with him and if he's still supporting her, he has every right to expect her to live by his rules and expectations. If she can't do that, she can find somewhere else to live. Come on now, guys, grow up. This is all entirely OP's fault, and so not a FML.

shabaloo 0

it's bad enough you break the promise... but 4 hours after you make it? you deserved that. i feel bad for your dad.

bevmo 0

you shouldn't have taken the ring.. thats disrespectfull. esp since you knew you weren't going to keep it

Zooma_fml 0

Hey just like the Jonas Brothers! Idiot.

Well, your father deserved it! Parents should support premarital Sex instead of telling all sort of tales and forbidding it to their children. When they allow it they have control and can prevent stuff from happening/ : O Jonas Brothers? OmfG! Southpark for the Win ^^

kellster 2

#90, she said that she "swore" to him that she wouldn't. That makes it a lie/broken promise/whatever you want to call it. If you're going to do what you're going to do, then at least be honest about it! Or else acknowledge that you're a dishonest twat and don't post on fmylife.com to complain about it!