Owned

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my 8 year-old niece corrected my spelling via text message. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 451
You deserved it 36 943

Top comments

eddyg94 11

how many times did you check this FML over so you didn't embarrass yourself? ;)

A fellow grammar nazi, brings a tear to my eye. *sniff* They grow up so fast!

Comments

twifan1901 0

Next time you are changing her diaper or wiping her hiney, you should lubricate the rag with acid or blood from someone with aids. That will teach her.

Who wipes their eight year old niece's hiney? And why would you do that to your niece.

MetalxSoldier 26

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
shanemaximo 7

The Hitler youth, grammar-nazis! Police the world for improper use of conjunctions! Stop those who would seek to misspell words! Round them up and send them to a place where they can "concentrate" on their grammar! Join today!

Does she understand text talk? (u, da, r, dis, lolz....)

xStaciexLynnx 15

That's not text talk. It's lazy talk.

The real question is why does your 8 year old niece have a cell phone? Honestly, when I was 8, I had paper and pencil crayons lol

leftyy 0

whether this deserves a YDI or not entirely depends on how complicated the word is. in short - inconclusive.

starman02 12

Grammar nazis are NEVER funny

ettubrute 0

She can ve borrowing her mothers phone. i used to.

sonrisapreciosa 6
hotscar 3

1, the line goes, "second star on the right and straight in till morning."

twifan1901 0

182, That's what I wrote but it won't show it all *shrugs*

eddyg94 11

how many times did you check this FML over so you didn't embarrass yourself? ;)

olpally 32

An 8 year old grammar nazi.. How ironic.. She will fit nicely within the fml community really soon.

I suppose I'm just plain dumb, but I just don't see how that's ironic, 16.

olpally 32

There's grammar nazis' all over fml.. She corrected her mom's spelling like a grammar nazi would on here.. You are dumb.

There are* Grammar Nazis* Grammar Nazi* I'm not sure what ".. " means, though you used it twice. An ellipsis has 3 dots. You're right - those nasty Grammar Nazis seem to be out in full force today. Annoying, isn't it?

Actually 34 it was not her mom. It was her uncle. Round 2! Fight!

olpally 32

Ahh shit. Corrected by docbastard. Thumbs up for you sir.

48. Highly annoying, some would say overbearing and others would say it's just a waste of space.

Andr913 13

19-We accept her, we accept her! One of us, one of us! Gooble gobble gooble gobble!

hawkeye912 0

56 more times than the doctor recommended amount.

110, Doc's comments are never a waste of time. Yours, on the other hand, we could do without.

blackheart24 10

Thank you, Doc. What would we do without your wisdom and badass sarcasm?!? You make FML a better place. I mean that in all sincerity.

It's crazy how young people can teach older!! Be proud of your niece!!!

Maybe there is hope for the younger generation, and they will evolve from 'txt wrds' I think this niece of yours is a good start!

b0ngs 7

122- I believe 59 intended it to be 'txt wrds', because thats how most kids text

i know I'm just being a grammer Nazi like everyone else right now lol

1) You're a poser. 2) None of us REAL Grammar Nazis corrected 59. 3) "txt wrds" was perfectly acceptable since it was in quote marks, therefore 59 was describing what is actually used in a conversation. Served.

135, you spelled "grammar" incorrectly. Dafuq, broski?

A fellow grammar nazi, brings a tear to my eye. *sniff* They grow up so fast!

BeaterOfTheDrums 15

"this member has a private profile." Y U NO CHANGE?!?!!!

I tried, but I guess you have to use an actual computer to change it :l. I tried on the app, and the mobile site but it isn't working. Worry not, though, friend. I'll make my way to a computer soon enough!

It's like Word's spell check, following you around

Try going on the desktop version from your iPod/iPhone or whatever device you're using. It should work then.

Draxanoth 15

This actually gives me hope for the future...

M0rt 0

It makes me somewhat happy with my generation

Anne frankly I'm surprised... If I could've seen this beforehand it would've Benito.

nightheat 5

It shouldn't compared to the idiots i go to school with

SignUpisntcool 3

He's 8 he shouldn't have a phone...Unless it was his moms or something.

I've never heard of a male niece. Pretty sure that doesn't even exist.

SignUpisntcool 3

Thanks for the correction."she"

Some 8 year olds do have phones, in case of an emergency when they're away from their parents

Oh oops. It kind of looks like I'm talking to 9. Kind of.

potatoebee 0

Well I'm 12 and STILL dont have a phone, so neither should she, let alone be correcting you.

I don't care how old a grammar Nazi is I hate the all

SignUpisntcool 3

Sorry I accidentally thumbed you down..

goodfella925 0

I know right? I can spell, but i spell things on purpose sometimes to piss a grammar nazi off :P y'all can thumb me down, cause I don't give a ****:3

I love grammar nazis, they can correct your grammar better than your teacher

bugmenotmofo 34

*them. Sorry I couldn't resist.

"Hey! Where's you're mommy? I want to talk talk to her!" "it's your". Sounds like she's better at trolling than you're.

eddyg94 11
flamerocker 9

I actually didn't notice the "you're" because I was too busy distracted by the "talk talk" you put in OP's sentence.

I didn't even notice the double talk but i noticed the you're. Interesting.

You are the most retarted person on this site...

Epsilonyx 15

Can't tell which is worse...the fact that an 8 year old has a phone and is texting, or that your spelling is that poor.

30- I'm sure you know what you talking about…(by the way, a typo is when you accidentally spell a word wrong, what you did was obviously on purpose, not a typo.)

starman02 12

Funnynesh- way to be a killjoy jeeeebus!

139, what he did was obviously sarcasm, not a typo.