Ooooommmmmmmm

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, I had to ask my mum not to meditate while driving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 187
You deserved it 2 197

Top comments

Idonebeenhad 17

At least she wasn't playing with herself under the cover of her sweater *waits for senior FML users to get the reference*

ByronJess 17

All she was trying to do was stay calm, traffic can be nerve racking! On the other hand, she probably should find another way to soothe herself.

Comments

I think we need more information to judge this one. Meditation is actually just another word for concentration, so depending on how you choose to meditate it is actually safe to meditate whilst driving. If she had her eyes closed and was doing a visualisation meditation then yes, that is obviously dangerous. However if she as meditating on the driving experience then that's probably better than what she would have been doing normally. what also needs to be factored in, is whether or not the car was moving at the time. If the car was moving then how safe the practice is goes down to the type of meditation she was doing. If the car was stopped and she was meditating on the moment, then there is nothing wrong with what she did.

Shadow_Phantom 26

^This. There's nothing wrong with meditating while driving. Hell, she could have just been focusing on the road.

drlove78843 6

man that's a long ass comment!

Well your mind can tend to wander during meditation. So it really isn't the smartest thing to do while driving any way you cut it.

You were trying to stop her from meditating while you were driving or her?

I got medicate out of this and was trying to think if she was smoking weed or taking pills or what... But meditating, that's far worse than smoking a fatty while driving!

It's the same meditate now or later

it is called mom not mum. Don't call me grammer nazi, this one is very simple.

Yeah, because every country around the world calls the parents mom and dad. Gosh op don't you know Australians dont use the term mum.

@32: No, you are not a "grammer nazi." You are clearly an idiot.

You idiot, only americans use the word 'mom'. Almost all other english speaking countries, including Australia, use 'mum'. Typical american.

This comment made me happy. I get so annoyed at typical ignorant Americans telling everyone else we spell every thing wrong :/

muffinXmonster 12

I have to ask my grandmother the same followed by "stop drinking that rum and hang up the phone"

bubo_fml 10

Was she trying to levitate the car using the Jedi mind trick? Why not just outfit your car w/ 'Mr. Fusion' and fly it around like in 'Back to the Future'? Also, tell your Mom that kinda shit only works in the movies...

drlove78843 6

43- you started good but then went too far.

Driving is a great time to meditate. Really. You are never more aware than when you are meditating.