Mix up

By Trew Love - 03/05/2016 06:25 - Canada - Fort Saint John

Today, it's my birthday. I called my mom to thank her for the gift she'd sent. She was surprised and said, "Oh I thought you were waiting to open it." She ended the conversation with, "OK, I'll call you on your birthday." FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 152
You deserved it 1 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jentrynicole 20

What if you've had your birthday wrong all along? My grandmother thought hers was in June for 60 years until they found her birth certificate and it was actually July.

Eh, no need to worry, OP. She probably just got you confused with one of her other daughters from her secret families. It's difficult to keep all that stuff straight, especially when one child enters adulthood and leaves.

Comments

hey, it's my birthday too! happy birthday to us

She may have got her days mixed up and thought it was Monday today or something.

sempisaviour 17

Since when do mothers assume their kids don't open their gifts? Lol

I mean some people are good about waiting until their birthday to open gifts, that just means you're a patient person. Some times I wait to open the birthday gifts I get in the mail, sometimes I don't, it just depends on my mood.

I wait until my birthday or Christmas to open birthday or Christmas gifts people send me. I like having a collection of things to open on the anticipated day, even if they're just small things. Maybe OP is known to be like that too.

goream2013 6

my mother often mixes up my brothers birthdays. april 29, 1995 and april 25, 1996.

Does your mom live in a different time zone?

Double check your birth certificate ?. Then again, she could be getting Alzheimers.

Don't feel too badly. She sent you a gift so she obviously didn't forget. My mom celebrated my first birthday a day late thinking she was actually celebrating it on the right day. Sometimes it happens. My first long term boyfriend and his twin brother's birthday was on the 11th and our other friend's birthday was on the 12th. One year, I called my BF and his brother on the 12th and our friend on the 13th and didn't discover that I missed their birthdays by a day until several days later. I was behind a day for almost a week!

Zwerik 31

Happy Birthday. There could be a timezone difference? I'm trying to help. :x

my birthday was yesterday, so happy birthday to you too. it could be worse. ;)

you must be adopted, real parents dont forget their kids birthday unless they got alzheimers

Ashd09 30

My dad often forgets my birthday while friends of his remember it. Some people are just more forgetful than others. And yes, before you ask, he is my biological father

Brightbulb 39

you are definitely not a parent and don't have a large family. birthdays get mixed up a lot and rather easily. also she didn't forget she sent a gift. she mixed the day up. let us try and not be so judgemental or hateful okay? thanks

I have been happily reading FMLs and their comments, liking or disliking anonymously, for some time now. Then a comment like this comes along, so I created an account to say this: This is offensive to adopted parents, such as my husband and me, and adoptees, like my husband and my son. It's also very incorrect; I'm not sure where you even got such an idea! We are not more or less likely to forget our kid's birthday than other parents who gave birth to their child. Also, please eliminate the phrase "real parents." When one is adopted, both sets of parents contribute to who the person becomes. Neither needs to be deemed the "real parents" because it isn't a contest. This has been your PSA for the day, people. Carry on.