Me me me

By fthis - 27/01/2009 17:58 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my boyfriend for an hour listening to him talk about his new truck and his final exams. I literally did not say a single word. Just as I said, "Hey baby, guess what happened to me today?", he says, "Can I go to sleep? I'm too tired to guess. Night." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 492
You deserved it 4 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I agree; don't dump him unless this becomes a consistent thing that he keeps doing, which you can no longer stand. And even if you can stand it, you shouldn't be forcing yourself to stay with this guy. For this particular case, though, it seems that he was in a talkative mood and had a lot to get off his chest. I ramble on at times to different people at different times.

bad advice. unless this is a usual thing don't dump him. sometimes guys need the spotlight too.

Comments

skylineskid 0

you guys are stupid... no offense. if a guy goes on about a couple things for an hour.. who cares i myself have talked to my girlfriend about my car a couple of times for at least an hour. she hates my car but she puts up with it. its not like the vehicle is more important then the women he is with. if thats the case. tall the guy he needs to give you more attention. be straight up. it works. if he gets mad at you, then apparently he doesnt need some one like you. honestly, give the guy a chance. he's syched about something and he wants you to know. be lucky, there are people in the world that wont even say a word to you.

Sam_13161821 0

YDI for saying "for an hour" twice in the first sentence.

muffinkitty 15

obviously, he was in a talkative mood. he had finals that day too, so that explains why he's tired. After my bf tells me about his day, and asks about mine, and if I know he's tired or stressed, I just tell him to go sleep. He let's me do the same thing, so it's a win win. so I disagree with dumping him. if it becomes where you never ever get a word in, then tell him, and if he doesn't try to listen, THEN dump him. that's my personal opinion anyway (:

I understand that OP. My boyfriend is also a trucker. Listening to truck story upon truck story gets kinda irritating.

omgo_fml 0

Some people are just a little ego centric.. My boyfriend is like that too sometimes. I think you should ask him if hé really cares about you or if you're not that important to him. Tell him that it makes you feel unimportant when hé just talks about himself without asking about you =) if hé doesn't understand, you should dump him..