Full of himself

By myfavoritesgouda - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Manhasset

Today, my boss gave me an autographed photo of himself, after he heard that I think he's intimidatingly attractive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 593
You deserved it 9 652

Top comments

Play your cards right for that promotion :)

promotion > dignity and self-respect

Comments

Play your cards right for that promotion :)

promotion > dignity and self-respect

hope this accelerates a promotion and not a future sexual harassment FML. good luck OP

tjv3 10

Sounds like he has a cool sense of humor

74....are you the intimidatingly attractive boss???

Creepy boss alert! You have two options: give it back and risk being fired for hurting his ego or head back to your desk and discreetly put it through the paper shredder.

It's not creepy. It's clearly a gag gift to try and defuse the awkwardness. He's saying "I know, but it's ok...forget about it." Buying her flowers or dinner...THAT would be creepy. (Or am I wrong and is 'an autographed photo of yourself' a legitimate dating strategy that works these days?)

Dawnstempest 17

@ 33 It works as a way to pick up a date if you play the rest of your cards right. But alone? Probably not. It just depends on who the guy is, and the woman. To be clear, I'm not saying the boss wanted to use it as a pick up for a date. It sounds exactly like what you said. I just wanted to answer your question that yes, it is possible.

PimpdaddyCJT 13

Are you going to be his Clinton's secretary?

saIty 17

The real question here is was he naked in the picture?

MEM0817 18

And if so, can the OP post it somehow? ;] I'm kidding of course. (Cough cough)

perdix 29

He's just trying to give you with Desensitization Therapy. He wants you to dial it back to merely "incredibly attractive," so that you can be in his presence and submit to his will.

So he thinks its cute that you find him hot. Not a bad thing!

vencku 13

Umm... Say "thank you" and forget about it? Sounds like a harmless prank to me. (Or a boss who thinks very highly of himself. But who can blame him if he's intimidatingly attractive? It doesn't sound like a big deal.)

At least the guy has a sense of humour about it.