Freedom

By notsoaloneanymore - 17/06/2016 04:32 - Canada - Mississauga

Today, my parents left on vacation for the week. Taking advantage of my freedom, I was planning on having my boyfriend over. My grandparents just showed up as they 'thought I would be lonely'. I can't get rid of them. Looks like I'm not having any fun this week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 066
You deserved it 3 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They probably knew exactly what they were doing, damn cockblockers

Tell them an elaborate list of fake plans you've made to the point where they don't see the need to stay over anymore?

Comments

Yaa... I'm going with zero coincidence and parental planned block from the **** ...

Grandparents are awesome. Boyfriends come and go (pun not intended, however, welcome) but grandparents are always there for you. Make the most of it. This could be one of those weird weekends you learn incredible stories about them and blackmail against your parents. Hell, maybe they'll want to meet him and hang out.

I know it can be annoying but I say enjoy it while you can. My grandfather/dad recently passed away and I'd give anything to have a week like that.

But that's really nice of them, why do you have to be so grumpy about it? You don't want to grow older wishing you spent more time with them while you had the chance. Alternatively, why not explain that you have other plans? If you're mature enough to have a boyfriend stay over in an empty house you should be mature enough to do that.

Obviously they're not mature enough if they had to wait until their parents are gone to have the boyfriend over...

there are some things in this world that you'd rather not have family member around for...

Mysterybounty 6

I know it seems annoying, but I would kill to have 5 more minutes with my grandma before she passed away, cherish these moments they won't be here forever.

And you really think they just showed up?

Definitely planned for them to stay over. Hang with them or just leave the house. I mean, it's not like they didn't leave you with an allowance, right? Because you're a teen who just got out of school? And they're looking out for their child? You'll figure it out.

Take advantage of it, especially if you get along with them. Ask them if they have anything fun in mind that you all could do together. Like someone else said, they're running out of time, and it'd be a good idea to spend time with them now so you don't have guilt over not spending more time with them. Especially over someone you may hate in a few weeks, months or years.

Oh my god that's hilarious! Same thing happened to me this week. Too bad I have no boyfriend to invite over :[