Forever alone

By 20singleandproudish - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - Canada - Saskatoon

Today, my younger brother helpfully pointed out that I'm the only one in my family of five who is single. He's twelve. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 290
You deserved it 3 815

Top comments

BBlah 26

You said it yourself, he's 12. Don't let it bother you. It's not your fault you haven't found the right one yet, keep your head up OP!

hopefully he's not the boyfriend of the 13 year old girl who now has "life threatening diseases"

Comments

BBlah 26

You said it yourself, he's 12. Don't let it bother you. It's not your fault you haven't found the right one yet, keep your head up OP!

Yeah! Love takes time! You might not find him/her right away but it will happen sooner or later! Have hope!

Plus you can sit back and gloat once he has a kid.

asnakelovinbabe 16

Exactly. Being single vs being in a relationship is NOT a measure of self-worth. This notion that being in a relationship will magically fix everything and make everything in life so much more awesome simply is not true. In fact it's the opposite, once the "butterflies in your tummy" phase is over with, a relationship means everything you do may or may not be more complicated. We have to stop seeing being single as an inherently negative trait.

Firstly i agree with you. secondly, May I take a wild guess ? You are single.

Why assume #34 is single? If anything being married has made me agree with her even more. It does complicate things, and can make you absolutely miserable. Pressuring people into relationships isn't making anyone's lives better.

Dating that young isn't really dating. Kids don't know true love. They are more or less 'friends.' Don't let it get to you OP. :).

asnakelovinbabe 16

I've been married to my husband for 3 years and with him for 8 years, so no, I am definitely not single ;) but I have single friends and one of them is a very sexy and confident gal that I admire for her attitude towards the single life. Another is a guy who has never had a girlfriend and just wishes more than anything to have one. So I have seen both sides of the coin and I have seen the negative effects our society can have on a single person by glorifying being in a relationship as if it's every person's ultimate goal in life. (And I know it sounds tempting to hook them up but it will never work, he's terrified of snakes and she has a bunch!)

hopefully he's not the boyfriend of the 13 year old girl who now has "life threatening diseases"

i googled, found no answers. i dont get it. help?

43, it was most likely a reference to that earlier FML.

#43, it was a reference to an earlier FML post

Somebody always beats me to it when it comes to replies :/

ahippienamedrae 10

You win comment of the day lol

Yes!! I love joke references to earlier posts. It makes those of us who spend WAY to much time on this site die with laughter.

I agree with #1! You'll find someone and the wait will be worth it!l

Next time he says he loves his girlfriend say: "oh so you love your girlfriend? Who is it this week? :)"

Being single can be awesome! He's 12, it's not like he will have a proper relationship yet :')

At least you're single and ready to mingle ;-)

I'm sure you're not the only one without a boyfriend/girlfriend. And assuming by the post title you're only 20 which is still a ripe age!!