Fact check

By Jasmine_smilee - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Canby

Today, I had to finally accept that I have an eating disorder when I caught myself checking for the nutrition facts and calories on my shampoo. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 651
You deserved it 9 067

Top comments

No wonder I've gotten so fat. I don't use the recommended amount of shampoo; I just slather my hair with as much as I can.

Acceptance is the first stage :) Eating disorders are hard to get over, so good luck :)

Comments

Maybe it wasn't, but that sounded really dickish.

#1 You're not you when you're hungry, eat a Snickers.

ViRepz 28

#15 at least quote the ad right.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

#20 if you return to the scene of the crime again you're gonna have a bad time

Hypnotic5206 10

No wonder I've gotten so fat. I don't use the recommended amount of shampoo; I just slather my hair with as much as I can.

Your hair is fat..... it needs to lose 3 to 4 milligrams

Not all eating disorders are about fat vs skinny. Sometimes it can be an expression of ADD or OCD. Compulsively checking nutrition information could be OCD.

I don't think she meant that she eats shampoo. But that he's gotten so uses to checking nutrition facts on food constantly, that she checked the shampoo bottle.

DKjazz 20

All these years I've been eating it on crackers...

MikaykayUnicorn 36

#55 you drink shampoo. it's the conditioner you eat on crackers.

Yea I get that same feeling every time I smell that Strawberry Cream Infusion shower gel, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Damn it, snap out of it! It doesn't taste half as good as it smells!

Acceptance is the first stage :) Eating disorders are hard to get over, so good luck :)

OP, you really deserve help. I had an eating disorder for over two years and those were the worst years of my life. I was miserable and cold and distant. I lost almost all of my friends and I pushed my family away. Trust me when I say it isn't worth it. I've been in recovery for quite a while now and it's still hard, but it is worth it. You're worth it.

Well, acceptance is the first step towards getting help. Good luck dealing with your eating disorder, OP. Just try and keep in mind that neither extreme of the scales is all that good if you are hurting your body; don't cut back on food that makes you healthy c: Edit: haha 6 beat me to it, but I'm surprised everyone else above isn't taking the rating disorder part very seriously, that's also kind of dickish.

Actually, admitting you have a problem is the first step. Acceptance is the last step in the stages of grief/loss.

Unless your shampoo is organic, I'd be worried.

Gosh darn that delicious shampoo! It's my favorite smelling hair snack!

jw90 18

Haha I haven't gotten that bad yet, but I have realized I need to eat more healthy foods.

It's always good to start with the no more tears stuff.