Don't bother me

By anon - 11/07/2015 12:51 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, after coming home from an AFL match in Melbourne at about 11pm, I saw a woman asleep on the train as we neared the end of the line. Being a nice person, I went to wake her, to which she started screaming and trying to punch me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 737
You deserved it 3 244

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Although she shouldn't have done that, you never know what might have happened to her in the past to make her have a reaction like that.

You probably just scared her. Don't worry OP, you did the right thing, sometimes people react in a negative way due to no fault of your own.

Comments

Hopefully, "trying to punch" means you didn't get punched. Sorry OP, FYL

It's good that you were trying to be nice, but sometimes people are violent when they wake up. I'm one of those people. It's not on purpose, but sometimes my body reacts to 'danger' before my mind has a grasp on what happening. I injured one of the assistant's once when I was coming out of anesthesia; and a few times in the ER the drugs they gave me made me pass out--my husband told the technician not to get near me and that he'd wake me up because of it when it was time to go each time (and I still swung my leg out hard enough to fall off the bed once).

Coming from that exact city I can say id probably react in a similar fashion - having said that she was probably just startled...the trains aren't safe at night. Hell, they aren't always safe during the day. You didn't deserve it but yeah, I don't blame her tbh.

Yeah - that's why I don't sleep on Metro trains. VLine ones, yes, they're okay. But never Metro.

Now op was she a Collingwood supporter?

That's what you get for watching AFL.

Some people wake up a few seconds before their brain does even if they never suffered a single trauma in their lives.

notorious_me 13

I am so happy that this FML did not end with something like " she wasn't asleep but dead. "

Which line OP. Frankston, Broady or Dandy? Any of those three are guaranteed a great selection of nutters :)

You're forgetting south morang and hurstbridge ;-)

Stuff her, not with getting punched