Congratulations!

By leftout - 13/05/2010 07:39 - United States

Today, I was one of five people called up to the front in class to receive a special notice from the school administration. The first four people received awards for outstanding effort in school. Mine was a notice that I had overdue library fines. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 479
You deserved it 28 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

The whole "awards ceremony" facade was just a big scam -- it was really a school-wide intervention to confront you about your hoarding behavior. They want you to go to the meetings of Pack Rats Anonymous. It's like all of those 12-step programs, except that it's only 4 steps. They don't want you bastards hoarding steps!

Comments

saranottelling 7

#42, I've seen OPs comment a lot on their own posts. Just go look for a post where everyone is calling the OP an idiot and you might see one.

Hey everyone, this is just another unrelated comment and has nothing to do with anything. So please just move on to the next comment and have a nice day. Thank you.

Notjustanother1 0

why would you expect anymore if you don't put any effort into school?

FMLRevoluSean 0
curlgirl1311 0

how is this an fml? so what, you had an overdue fee. all you have to do is pay it.

youthink_fml 0

So you shouldn't have had an overdue book. Yeah, FYL because you had an overdue book. Not FYL, just FY for wasting my time.

RedPillSucks 31

@28 Because stuff on the internet *cough* Wikipedia *cough* is always truthful and accurate.

in soviet russia, you fine the libraries!

42, If you read the blog you can find "More to the story," or something like that. The mods find FMLs where the OP either responded in the FML's comments with more info, or wrote directly to the mods with the rest of the story. (Recently the OP who wrote about her bf refusing to leave his family for her responded several times.) Also, the FML author names aren't registered and don't have to be unique-- you can just make up a second anonymous nickname to go along with your submission. I think a lot if regular users hide their identity that way to avoid getting heckled, so they're naturally not gonna respond to questions and "out" themselves. And, y'know, commentors are always gonna find a way to call you an idiot and say YDI. Hindsight is 20/20. So really, what's the point? :)

perdix 29

The whole "awards ceremony" facade was just a big scam -- it was really a school-wide intervention to confront you about your hoarding behavior. They want you to go to the meetings of Pack Rats Anonymous. It's like all of those 12-step programs, except that it's only 4 steps. They don't want you bastards hoarding steps!