Checks out

By Asirual - 02/05/2011 18:02 - United States

Today, while handing out business cards to promote my new dog grooming business, I stopped to talk to a potential client. She let me get all the way through my 15-minute speech, before bothering to tell me she didn't have a dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 406
You deserved it 13 190

Same thing different taste

Doghouse

By Krissi - 21/08/2023 14:00 - United States

Today, I was late for a video conference with my boss. As I frantically tried to fix my messy hair, my dog thought it was the perfect time to play fetch. I ended up joining the meeting with a squeaky toy in hand and an appearance that would make a scarecrow look put together. My boss found it hilarious, but I'm pretty sure my career aspirations are now in the doghouse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 332
You deserved it 470

Top comments

amberita28 0

So you had a whole 15 minute conversation about your pet grooming business and you didn't bother asking her any questions? Especially important ones like, "So, what kind of dog do you own?"

10_4Franky 0

At least she was polite and let you finish your spiel. She wasn't being a bitch.

Comments

10_4Franky 0

At least she was polite and let you finish your spiel. She wasn't being a bitch.

well she could have said something instead of waiting 15 minutes lol..

lol I feel sorry for you OP but this is hilarious. why don't you start off by asking " do you have a dog? " next time ;)

I agree with #1, she just didn't want to be rude and interrupt..... maybe! If she did OP probably would think she was being a bitch...

on another bright point, if OP was nervous, they got a bit of that out. right?

omg_a_BALLOON 0

last this happen to me, i got a date. but ydi for not asking the most obvious question. "do you own a dog?"

littlemissFYL 5

its obvious that the OP is either extremely attractive or extremely ugly for someone to politely listen to you give a speech for 15 minutes for no damn reason.

If you can't describe your business in 2 minutes, then you are doing it wrong. The first 30 seconds are the make/break point in the sale.

10 bucks says she had a dog but after 15 minutes of u yapping away like an idiot she decided to not hire you because you wouldn't shut up.

tell this potential client to get a dog, and then come to your shop and spend 10x the human haircut cost to get her doggy groomed. but if she were smart she'd just use a scissors to avoid another 15 minute speech.

Uncool_LikeYou 0

maybe she did have a dog and she just told you she didn't so you would shut up..

Too bad she wasn't a bitch - OP coulda groomed her.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#88 I work at a grooming salon.Before I did, my dog was washed, dried, brushed, nails done, and fur clipped for only $35. That's really not expensive. Nail trimming is free, and a bath and dry for a large dog is about $20. I can't speak for any other grooming salons, but the ones I've worked at definitely don't charge "10x the cost of a human haircut."

amberita28 0

So you had a whole 15 minute conversation about your pet grooming business and you didn't bother asking her any questions? Especially important ones like, "So, what kind of dog do you own?"

EXACTLY!!!!!! op deceived it for Missy out the most vital point of their business!!!

yeah. that should have been the first thing op said. could have saved some time!

Predental 5

15 min makes speeches boring. I would never use his service

staceysgenesis16 0

thats so true !!! wow ,, epic win !! i would think that question would be one of the first things to say

WallyTheWombat 0

Yea I agree. Plus you can't really call her a "potential client" for a dog grooming business unless she has a dog... or even a dirty raccoon or some kind of animal that you're willing to wash.

rgms38 0

& she may refer you to someone she knows

10_4Franky 0

Original poster a.k.a the author of the FML.

OP, why did you not ask her beforehand?

it's OP's fault; he/she needs to learn to be less pompous and DOG-matic

what the **** you talking about???

Ariannalang 0

Why is this an FML? So not a big deal. She was just being polite.

I can't really decide what to call this. I'm much more interested as to why you have a 15 minute speech for a dog grooming company. Car salesmen don't even have 15 minute speeches.

A7X_LoVeee 10

Maybe what you had to say was interesting. :D

22cute 17

Or maybe you need to reduce your speech to 2 minutes. And LISTEN more!

how annoying. but people do get annoyed with the whole advertising thing. she didnt wanna be rude, and you probably wouldn't let her get a word in. YDI.

YDI for not asking her if she had a dog;)

PSQ91 6

YDI for wasting your time on random people walking without dogs.

jennifer93 0

I hate when people have headphones in and I ask them a long question & they don't bother to tell me they couldn't hear me at all until after I ask it

Fiskerz 0

maybe they couldn't hear you to tell you they couldn't hear you...

PSQ91 6

Maybe IMO they don't give a damn