Chasing cars

By Anonymous - 26/10/2023 08:00 - Canada

Today, I tried to parallel park my car in a tight spot. After several failed attempts, I finally parked, but then realized I had parked on a slight incline. My car started rolling backwards. I had to chase it down the street in my pajamas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 277
You deserved it 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This story makes no sense. You sound like you were so embarrassed to be out in your pajamas, but you obviously drove somewhere in your pajamas. Also, if your car was able to roll backwards, that tells me there was no car behind yours, so why did you need to parallel park in the first place?

whatshername?! 39

Ever heard of the handbrake? That's what it is for. Why were you out driving your car in your pajamans?

Comments

whatshername?! 39

Ever heard of the handbrake? That's what it is for. Why were you out driving your car in your pajamans?

That's basically one of the first things you're taught (at least here): whenever you've parked, use the handbrake, no exceptions.

This story makes no sense. You sound like you were so embarrassed to be out in your pajamas, but you obviously drove somewhere in your pajamas. Also, if your car was able to roll backwards, that tells me there was no car behind yours, so why did you need to parallel park in the first place?

this makes no sense. if you had to park in a tight spot then how was your car able to roll back? also, if you're embarrassed about your pajamas, then why did u go out with them to begin with?

How does your car roll back from a tight spot? Why were you driving in your pajamas? And, most important, why didn't you use the handbrake?

This one confuses me. If the parking spot were tight, wouldn't the car have rolled into the car behind it, rather than down the street? Or do Canadians define a "tight spot" as one where you have to pass within six feet of another car, because crowding it would be impolite? (Not really mocking Canadians; you folks are awesome.)