Broke

By Anonymous - 04/06/2016 03:49 - United States - Rockford

Today, my car broke down. The good news is I can afford to have it fixed. The bad news is paying for the fix will wipe out my savings, which I need to get certified for a non-minimum-wage job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 053
You deserved it 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it's possible, get the certification first and then pay to repair your car.

thepeniswrinkler 14

Invest in a bus pass for the time being.

Comments

Wait, I'm curious, you need a certificate to prove you have savings in order to get a non-minimum-wage job? I'm not American, so I dont know.

No he needs the money to pay for a program where he'll be certified for a certain field. His saving was supposed to go to that.

Ahh, I get it now. Thank you for answering!

I think that means you can't afford it.

quarterweek 13

No possibility of bussing it or borrowing a car so you can get certified & save after? Or a family member to do a loan? That sucks. Sorry. I've been there. Car broke down three times in a span of 8 weeks. Luckily the dealership took responsibility for the last two times..

OP, if it's going to cost you so much money to fix the car. Then it's in your best interest to let the car go and buy another. I'm sure the financing on a new vehicle will be far less and more beneficial for you than fixing your old car.

Finance the repair and get certified. You'll be able to pay it back in no time!

Hey, i also live in illinois. I love working on cars. Whats wrong with your car? Id do it for a pizza if you buy the parts.

So that means you actually CAN'T afford to fix it.

Scorpio1691 29

This is something i don't understand. Why would you need to have a certification on your bank balance to get a job?

Those are contradictory statements. You just said that you could afford to have it fixed. Even if you are living and saving perfectly fine with a minimum wage job, which I doubt, AND this savings wasn't for anything specific, this still wouldn't be something you can afford if you have to empty those savings in order to pay for the repair. I'm not sure you actually understand what savings are.