Asshats everywhere

By Anonymous - 08/12/2017 15:00

Today, while driving to work, an idiot pulled out of a junction without looking and wiped me out. I'm now in hospital with two broken legs, looking at employment pages because I didn't give work "enough notice" about my absence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 342
You deserved it 244

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They can't legally fire you for that. Sue them if they really try to fire you over that

pharoh239 2

Sue them for wrongful termination and maybe you won't have to work again.

Comments

ViviMage 38

We had a nice old lady co-worker hit and killed crossing the street; an out of control driver hit her right off her walker. She had to be identified by her dental records days after the death happened. My office probably assumed no call no show to terminate her, but we still paid out her life insurance..... and she could have appealed it if she survived and wanted the job back. You probably can appeal that with medical documentation that you were in a collision/hospital/broke from the knees down.

coconutting101 6

Where I’m from they can’t fire you for getting injured

It’s illegal in the US, too, despite the claims of commenters here who don’t really understand the law. I’d be on the phone with a labor attorney before I hit the job boards.

The injuries are bad enough, but your employer is a real piece of shit. Hope you find something else better soon.

HereWeGo24 6

How the **** did this person get a 103 people to say he Deserve what happened to them you ppl are stupid for clicking it you dumb *****

I may not have two broken legs but I am going through the exact same thing. It sucks and I hope you find a better job!