Today, my boss forbade me from seeing my significant other until they relax the quarantine rules. We live in barracks on the same base. I'm terrified of accidentally running into her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 855
You deserved it 210

AdrianAmato tells us more.

They didn't tell me I can't have a relationship with her, just that we can't visit each other anymore (due to the tighter COVID restrictions) even though we live on the same base and people whose girlfriends live off-base can still visit their girlfriends.

Top comments

Not necessarily. Not everyone who has a significant partner live together. They may be engaged and waiting until after getting married to live with each other. Yes, some of the world are willing to wait before living together, and it doesn’t lessen how significant they are to each other

Doubt it. He's just enforcing the new COVID "No guests in the barracks", and "social distance when outside" rules even though we both live here and it doesn't make sense to apply them to us, especially when everyone who works here but lives elsewhere can still go home to their girlfriends and potentially get COVID from them.

Comments

Today, my FML was so boring that no one in the entire world bothered to comment on it, except for one jerk who commented just to point out the absolute void of comments. FML.

tounces7 27

If the person is that significant you'd think you'd be living with them, no? Otherwise it's just someone you're dating.

Not necessarily. Not everyone who has a significant partner live together. They may be engaged and waiting until after getting married to live with each other. Yes, some of the world are willing to wait before living together, and it doesn’t lessen how significant they are to each other

Living in barracks is waaaay cheaper. $60 a pay for her and $180 a pay for me. I'm also prohibited posted here so I'm not authorized to move my furniture and effects here, and she's probably getting posted out next year so it's not feasible to find a place together. We were essentially living together in the barracks anyways so it didn't really matter before this.

Kennethtaylor377 12

Just as someone who has also lived in the barracks I wouldn’t listen to him. They literally can’t tell you that you can’t have a relationship with someone else and don’t let someone who’ll only be in your life shortly be a gator with your relationship with her

They didn't tell me I can't have a relationship with her, just that we can't visit each other anymore (due to the tighter COVID restrictions) even though we live on the same base and people whose girlfriends live off-base can still visit their girlfriends.

Thanks for the clarification. Still boring, though.

WistayShlaio82 13

Your “boss” do you mean Sargent, or are they an Officer? Unless they changed it your boss isn’t a civilian, but I was enlisted a long time ago.

Officer (Captain). I'm a lower-ranking officer.

WistayShlaio82 13

Ahh ok. Well, best of luck to you kiddo.

sounds to me like your "boss" is drilling your girlfriend...

Doubt it. He's just enforcing the new COVID "No guests in the barracks", and "social distance when outside" rules even though we both live here and it doesn't make sense to apply them to us, especially when everyone who works here but lives elsewhere can still go home to their girlfriends and potentially get COVID from them.

Unless you are fraternizing they can't tell you to do a darn thing. USN Veteran.

Canada's rules are different. I'm an officer and she's enlisted and it's totally allowed. They can say we can't see each other however because of the new COVID rules prohibiting us from having 'guests' in the barracks (including each other according to my CoC, but not hers), and from meeting outside (only allowed out to exercise and for essential errands which we're not supposed to do together), and from going into a city. We've been trying to exploit the loopholes but this base is small and full of snitches. I'm the only one that keeps getting reprimanded because my CoC thinks we're breaking the rules but hers doesn't.

If you meet her outside of either barrick who will know. Answer- no one!

We have been risking going on drives together but even that is risky if we're seen and reported. It's not expressly forbidden by the rules, but neither is me visiting her. Her CoC thinks it's allowed and mine doesn't, but I still got in trouble for it.