Submit your FML story
- - Please note that spam and nonsensical stories will result in you being blocked from accessing FML.
Today, I handed in an assignment in health class that had to calculate my BMI. Embarassed by my weight I put it 15 pounds less. I got the assignment back and lost credit for something. Circled in red pen on the top was you must put your "EXACT" weight. FML
Yeah, but he has no proof the student is lying unless he has already weighed him/her himself. When it comes to personal information, you can't just claim a student is lying.
wow. everyone, chill out.
1. weight is a very personal issue. not everyone is comfortable sharing things like that, especially in a way that could have revealed it to the entire class. when I went thru health class, our prof. let us disclose anything sensitive to her, so we did the assignment in private and then received it separately. not everyone is comfortable doing it.
2. weight perception in general is a touchy subject. just because you think you are overweight doesn't mean you are, and just because you think you're at the "correct weight" doesn't mean you're too heavy. however, taking off 15 pounds was a bit much, esp. for someone who is trained to know weight and what it looks like... try taking off 5 to 10 at the most...
3. the teacher was wrong to penalize you, but cheating thru the assignment was wrong too. go to the prof and say that you weren't comfortable disclosing your weight and try to redo the assignment privately. maybe he'll be more understanding.
4. if that doesn't work, explain to his supervisor that you were uncomfortable with the subject matter and ask for them to handle the matter privately.
Speak your mind, but please try and be respectful.
Friday 2 October 2015