By piper182 - 29/09/2014 22:04 - United States - New York

Today, same as every other night, I sat in my car outside my home, just to avoid going inside. I live alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 883
You deserved it 6 519

piper182 tells us more.

Hey OP here, in my car... I work 11-12 hours 6 days a week so though I wish for a dog, I can't. I stay in the car because when I go in I have to plan for the next day. In the car it's quiet and peaceful. Living with others was worse but I am a lonely person. I do sometimes drink a beer once I'm parked. I agree it's sad and I'm not a very social person and I hate it about myself.

Top comments

I dont understand why someone would do that?

To the people that are all commenting about not understanding why; it's that a home can feel big and empty. Also that homes are generally seen as having multiple people in them. Whereas it is 'perfectly normal' for a person to be by themselves in a car The OP doesn't want to go home and face the realization that they're all alone, possibly with no family, friends and/or loved ones

Comments

Sorry about this OP. I agree with others to consider getting a pet or a housemate. I know it's hard if you have any form of depression, but try looking for things to do in the evening where you can meet people - a sport group of some sort, community theatre, some shit where you can meet people.

Razi_tail 25

OP, some are suggesting you get a cat. I love cats but to help with loneliness a dog will work a little better and here is why. A dog helps get you out of the house and meet people. Dogs are excellent ice breakers and most cats don't handle going out on walks. I live alone but taking my dog out places makes a huge difference in my social life. Cats are good for cuddling at home and dogs are good for getting out to do things. Good luck!

I have both, and it works out great. It really helps to have critters that love you, especially since people suck. You care for them and they rely on you and it's sort of like kids, but better. They really give you a reason to keep on going, or perhaps in your case, a reason to go home. It's your home, silly. Home is where the Pack is. Adopt strays and shelter critters! *use of 'you' is meaning the OP of story here, sorry.

fuggotmuggot 14

Living alone isn't that bad. A lot of days, I miss the quietness and freedom that comes with living alone. It can be a good thing!

skyeyez9 24

When I am alone, I turn on my tv so I have some voices talking and background noise. Makes it feel less "empty."